Talk

Advanced search

Fringe.

(10 Posts)
TheGiantSausage Thu 29-Dec-16 12:08:11

How do you know if you'll suit a fringe?
I have hair that just doesn't do anything and I'm not very good at styling hair either, basically I have a grown out side fringe type thing that never falls right when it's cut and then I always let it grow long and just pin it back but it just looks rubbish.
I want a new style but I have a cows lick and one of them dracula 'v' things so my hair sits badly I think...
Any advice on how to determine if you'd suit a fringe before actually getting one?
TIA.

MollyHuaCha Thu 29-Dec-16 12:11:06

Fringe might not work too well with a cow's lick. How about you ask for a free consultation with a hairdresser? 💇🏻

TheGiantSausage Thu 29-Dec-16 12:15:30

Can you do that without going ahead and getting anything done?
I have a bit of a haircut phobia and can be inclined to just go along with whatever because I seem to lose all assertiveness while sat in that black cape.
Thanks for the advice!

Maudlinmaud Thu 29-Dec-16 12:18:40

I have a cows lick and a fringe sometimes. My hairdresser cuts it heavy and I blow dry it, sits ok
You will only know if you try and they grow out quickly so no harm done if you change your mind.

jingscrivvens Thu 29-Dec-16 13:37:04

I've got a cows lick and a widows peak and was adamant that fringes were not for me. My hairdresser persuaded me to try one about 11 years ago and I've mainly had one since then!
I have a heavy fringe too and I blow dry it mostly fine, some days I mess it up but that's what straighteners are for smile

humanfemale Thu 29-Dec-16 15:36:02

If you have a little forehead they won't suit, unfortunately. I have experience in this area :/

ILostItInTheEarlyNineties Thu 29-Dec-16 15:41:57

Just section off the front part of your hair in this shape ^ and comb it forwards to see if you'd suit a fringe. Check how it lies over the cow's lick. If you have a natural wave or kink to your hair you will have to style a fringe but running straighteners through it in the morning isn't difficult.

pickledparsnip Thu 29-Dec-16 15:49:20

I was after a fringe for years, but was convinced it wouldn't suit me. Got one just over a year ago and can't imagine my face without it! I hate hairdressers and hair stuff in general, but I bought myself a hairdryer (never owned one before!) and a mini straightener just for fringes and I'm sorted.

pickledparsnip Thu 29-Dec-16 15:51:01

Although mine never stays in one place. If it's windy I look like shit. Maybe I need a thicker one. Some people's seem immovable!

TheGiantSausage Thu 29-Dec-16 16:35:21

I don't think I've got a little forehead... I do have quite a young face though (not a boast, it drives me mad) and I worry that a fringe will make me look even younger?
I'm just so sick of having 'nothing' hair.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now