Talk

Advanced search

Skin care routine

(6 Posts)
themumfairy Wed 28-Dec-16 21:44:15

What is your daily skin care routine?
Ive been quite lucky through my teens and early twenties and have never had to worry about my skin.(naughty me)
Nearing 30 now and my skin is getting quite dry on my forehead and can see lines around my eyes so its my new years resolution to get myself into a good skin care routine.
Any recommendations? I have 3 dc so time is short and i work nights so a night cream would be pretty pointless

Scabetty Wed 28-Dec-16 21:49:37

Do you have a budget?

themumfairy Wed 28-Dec-16 21:57:47

I dont mind paying more for something better. I forgot to mention i think i have sensitive skin, i went for the easy (worst) option the other day and took my make up off with a baby wipe. I came out in itchy red blotches blush

Scabetty Wed 28-Dec-16 22:20:07

Micellar water is gentle for make up removal. Garnier do a nice one. Clinique eye creams are great imo and serums under moisturisers are good for dry skin. I use Darphin Jasmine oil at night which is a little expensive but a little goes a long way. Cetaphil is a light moisturiser and their cleanser is great for sensitive skins. I tend to use cetaphil in the morning and micellar water in the evening for cleansing.

titsbumfannythelot Wed 28-Dec-16 23:17:35

I have sensitive skin and micellar water was pretty bad for it. As a first cleanse I use tbs camomile cleansing butter. Neal's yard products are good for sensitive skin.

LordEmsworth Thu 29-Dec-16 06:25:01

i work nights so a night cream would be pretty pointless

Erm, no it wouldn't be... You'd just use it whenever you do sleep. It isn't something that only works in the hours of darkness but the idea made me smile grin.

I would say priorities as a minimum are cleansing, then day/"normal" moisturiser, followed by night/"deep" moisturiser. A day cream will be lighter so you don't look greasy and make up doesn't slide off. A night cream will be heavier and your skin won't have make up on while you're in bed - so more effective than a day moisturiser. That's what the point of a "night" cream is! It might not be labelled a night cream e.g. I like Steam Cream mixed with Clarins Blue Lotus oil.

Then you can add in exfoliating, serum, masks, eye creams etc later.

Nearly all my skincare is Origins or Clarins so they'd be my recommendations.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now