Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Please help my dehydrated grey skin (pics)

(4 Posts)
userbkifhnvdd Wed 28-Dec-16 17:32:50

My skin is awful and I think badly dehydrated, it's grey and just looks awful, sucks in my make up (pictures are after I applied make up and primer)

My current skincare is
Body shop camomile cleansing oil
Nip & Fab Gayolic pads (night)
Superdrug serum
And Nivea blue pot cream

I have only just started with these products last few weeks so unsure if working for me or if I should of only introduced 1 or 2 at a time.

The biggest thing I struggle with is this acid/tone stuff and trying to figure out what products I need.

My lines are awful and I just look like a grey old drug addict

Please can anyone wise with skincare help?

KingJoffreysRestingCuntface Wed 28-Dec-16 17:37:26

Coconut oil.

Seriously. You will be amazed.

drinkingchanelno5 Wed 28-Dec-16 19:00:13

If your skin is dull you need to exfoliate. Start with a hot wash cleanser twice a day and you really will be able to see the difference in a month. No 7, Ren, any milk based cleanser will do, they're all much of a muchness.

rubybleu Thu 29-Dec-16 00:08:21

You need an occlusive on top to keep the moisture in and stop it evaporating from your skin. The Nip & Fab pads are good and will be all the exfoliation you need at this point. Make sure you apply the serum & moisturiser whilst your face is still damp. Skip the oil, it doesn't help dehydrated skin - skin that can't retain water.

I'd switch the Nivea for something like Eucerin Dry Skin cream then put a good layer of something Vaseline based over the top like this at night www.boots.com/en/Skinfix-Eczema-Balm-60g_1811895/

I have a medical condition which makes my skin very dehydrated. Literally nothing worked until I gave my poor face a helping hand by making sure the moisture couldn't evaporate. It was such a revelation!

This is a very good explanation on helping dehydrated skin:

www.reddit.com/r/SkincareAddiction/comments/22c4tf/dehydrated_skin_and_the_moisture_barrier_an/

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now