Talk

Advanced search

Best/Worst hair dye

(8 Posts)
Heatherjayne1972 Wed 28-Dec-16 16:45:46

Which brands do you hate? Which do you love?
Why?

mumsnit Wed 28-Dec-16 17:13:45

John Frieda is my dye of choice - nice range of colours, good coverage and tones and really easy to use and wash out.

Olia was really poor coverage on my hair - worse than useless!

NashvilleQueen Wed 28-Dec-16 17:17:13

I like the Vidal Sassoon one or John Frieda.

Candlelight123 Wed 28-Dec-16 18:43:33

Olia was terrible on mine, dried it out. The colour was so poor I redid it after 2 weeks.

goingtotown Wed 28-Dec-16 19:17:53

L'oreal Excellence. I buy the product & my mobile hairdresser charges me £10 to do my roots every six weeks, beautiful colour & condition. The worst hair tint for my hair was in the salon using Professional l'oreal Majirel, too drying for my hair.

KiwiKay Wed 28-Dec-16 19:53:50

I like Loreal Prodigy and Loreal Feria - although my colour in Feria isn't sold in the UK so I purchase in US and NZ.
I find Revlon very drying and avoid.
Garner is okay but not as much shine.

Heatherjayne1972 Thu 29-Dec-16 17:44:20

Which are best or worst for covering greys
Tried an Avon dye colour was nice. Smelled nice but didn't really cover the grey

youvegottobekidding Fri 30-Dec-16 18:45:48

Tried Olia once, it set like concrete as I was applying it & washed out within a day! My favourite is Shwarzkopf Poly Colour Tint, although they don't have a wide range of colours, the Natural Brown is brilliant, not too dark and neutralises any red tones so leaves your hair a great neutral brown tone. Doesn't come with conditioner but at £2 a box, it's a steal! (And covers my dye-resistant roots too!!)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now