Talk

Advanced search

Help me find a nice new pair of winter shoes/boots

(3 Posts)
TheoriginalLEM Tue 27-Dec-16 22:25:13

I am a nightmare as I always struggle to find what I like and rely on one pair which I wear to death so happy to spend on them if they are "right".

I don't do pointy toes, I can't wear heels, don't want "dress" boots, something practical and preferably waterproof and warm. I had a pair of north face "trainer boots" for five years and loved them.

I am probably going to buy these if I don't see anything better.

I have a pair of ugg biker boots that I got last year still going strong but they are a bit clumpy and not waterproof. I have huge calfs so can't wear long boots.

PickAChew Tue 27-Dec-16 22:44:38

I have found these wonderful for all but the most wading through puddles type of conditions and there's lots of aroom for a snuggly insole in them, even with my feet
www.amazon.co.uk/d/Womens-Shoes/camel-active-830-70-Rhiannon-Camel-Active-Rhiannon-Ankle/B00YPWR7B4/ref=cts_sh_2_vtp?pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_p=1069525627&pf_rd_r=PAQ8HFXXW2X8ECKQAQYX&pd_rd_wg=ecWh3&pf_rd_s=desktop-detail-softlines&pf_rd_t=40701&pd_rd_i=B00YPWR7B4&pd_rd_w=HolbP&pf_rd_i=desktop-detail-softlines&pd_rd_r=PAQ8HFXXW2X8ECKQAQYX&_encoding=UTF8

I do have some old Rieker Eike suede boots which are completely waterproof, but they don't make them any more. They do a similar pair, but on a different last which does not fit my feet at all. I snagged some half price in a sale, last year, to see if I could make myself get along with them, but ended up sending them to the charity shop after a bad night limping after wearing them!

ultraviolet11 Tue 27-Dec-16 23:36:13

Ugg have these waterproof boots on sale www.ugg.com/uk/ostrander/1008125.html?dwvar_1008125_color=BLK#icid=Home_SaleWomen_251216&start=2&cgid=sale-women

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now