Talk

Advanced search

What do you think to Paul's boutique and this bag?

(27 Posts)
thetwocultures Tue 27-Dec-16 21:44:13

I remember when I first started noticing it in places like debenhams etc and thought a lot of it was quite "in your face" bright pinks and neon colours etc but I've been on the hunt for a tote bag and I found this today http://www.paulsboutique.com/connor-classic-black

I'm considering buying it with some of my leftover Christmas funds ...
I quite like it and also quite like the fact that the inside is pink and so is the other side of the black straps (can't see it in the website pictures) but at the same time I'm not sure if it's just my excited post-Christmas googles and I'll end up wanting to return it or never wear it.

Opinions please ?

Mungobungo Tue 27-Dec-16 21:46:34

Why would you want to return it? It looks lovely and classic and you'll probably get loads of use out of it.

lampshady Tue 27-Dec-16 21:46:48

I like it in leopard print because I am a terrible drag queen.

BikeRunSki Tue 27-Dec-16 21:51:55

I was prepared to hate it before I clicked, but I actually really like it. Pink inside would be great for not loosing things!

thetwocultures Tue 27-Dec-16 21:59:03

grin** at lamp

I think I just wasn't expecting to open it and have the pink jump out at me!
But it is lovely and has the great little "feet" at the bottom so you can stand it up and it doesn't get too scratched or damaged at the bottom ...

70isaLimitNotaTarget Tue 27-Dec-16 22:00:17

Its a good shape and not the "Pauls Boutique" that was the darling of Yr7 pupils a while ago but.........amputate the faux fur pompom wink

sooperdooper Tue 27-Dec-16 22:01:31

I like it but I think it's expensive for a bag that's not leather

thetwocultures Tue 27-Dec-16 22:07:52

The one I saw has no pom-pom wink

Bauble16 Tue 27-Dec-16 22:11:52

I bought a very similar Jasper Conran one for £55. It's lovely and a great size. But the one you've chosen is lovely too smile

Nettletheelf Tue 27-Dec-16 22:12:37

I don't associate Paul's Boutique with 'lovely' and 'classic'!

rachyconks Tue 27-Dec-16 22:13:56

I got this for Christmas from DH. I suspect it was from TK Maxx though as he only shops there. So, check there to see if it's cheaper

thetwocultures Tue 27-Dec-16 22:39:04

Nettle what do you associate it with out of curiosity ?

RJnomore1 Tue 27-Dec-16 22:44:02

Paul's boutique is worn or carried by 12 year old girls round here, or rather was 5/6 years ago, it's even out of fashion with them now. I honestly wouldn't op, there's nothing wrong with the actual bag but I'm sure you could find something similar from a brand that's used by adults.

gracefull Tue 27-Dec-16 22:46:43

Paul's Boutique is famously very tacky. As it goes I don't think this is tacky at all, it's quite nice, but I agree with other posters that it is expensive for plastic. Could probably find similar in leather in TKMaxx at that price.

PickAChew Tue 27-Dec-16 22:49:33

It's a lot of money for a plastic handbag.

YesThisIsMe Tue 27-Dec-16 22:50:37

It's OK but a lot of money for polyurethane. I do think you could do better for 68 quid or cheaper for similar quality.

Flingmoo Tue 27-Dec-16 22:53:25

The actual design is surprisingly classy considering the tacky teenage girl reputation of the brand... But yeah, even if the brand name didn't put me off I wouldn't buy it because it's fake leather so probably rubbish quality. I'm sure you could get a much better quality bag for around that price.

burnishedsilver Tue 27-Dec-16 23:38:52

It's a lot of money for plastic. It's a no from me I'm afraid.

PickAChew Tue 27-Dec-16 23:42:40

And yes, the outward design is quite classy and the lurid pink interior would make me smile, but it wouldn't last well. Unlike good leather (there's a lot of shit leather out there, these days, which is even worse than plastic), a design with such hard edges would soon scuff and split and look scruffy.

With such a limited budget, save your money or buy something different!

PNGirl Wed 28-Dec-16 00:47:32

They had an identical Paul's Boutique bag in black in my TK Maxx today. 25 quid.

Nettletheelf Wed 28-Dec-16 00:52:31

I associate it with young teenagers, garish designs and ropy quality. And Jessie Wallace. The shape of the bag is OK but as other posters have suggested, you could get a similar one in leather for about the same.

Littleballerina Wed 28-Dec-16 02:32:31

It's quite dull. You can get something much nicer for the price.

BusterGonad Wed 28-Dec-16 09:18:30

I think the plain black one is incredibly boring, I prefer the red or black snake. I like the Pom Pom!

pictish Wed 28-Dec-16 09:23:54

Expensive for plastic and a boring design. Sorry. I'm not a fan of a tote though.

olderthanyouthink Wed 28-Dec-16 11:30:36

Paul's boutique was the in thing when I was in secondary school about 6 years ago as RJ said

I'm similarly dithering over a Michael Kors bag it's similar to the one in the op but leather, open top & about £100 more. I can't find any leather ones like it for a similar price that I like.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now