Talk

Advanced search

Chanel Allure...comments?

(24 Posts)
GreatNorthern Tue 27-Dec-16 21:03:29

I was given a huge bottle of this for Xmas. At first was unsure- it's quite sweet and I've always used No 19. But a day or so later I'm warming to it a bit. It's sweeter and warmer than I'm used to and reminds me of Femme which I used decades ago. Comments?

neveradullmoment99 Tue 27-Dec-16 21:25:23

Its quite musky. I used to wear it years ago. I like it when it has settled a bit. I have had a few positive comments by my family when wearing this scent.

LockedOutOfMN Tue 27-Dec-16 21:26:09

I like it. It's quite light. Agree with you it's quite a sweet smell.

Recentlylazy Tue 27-Dec-16 21:26:45

One of my all time favourites and gets loads of complements. Rarely discounted and v expensive so a great present.

Orangepeppers Tue 27-Dec-16 22:01:54

I love it but my dad band a male friend of mine hate it and can't tolerate being near someone wearing it. It makes them feel nauseous for some reason.

Nettletheelf Tue 27-Dec-16 22:29:12

Smells like yellow fondant fancies. Not necessarily a bad thing!

roodie Tue 27-Dec-16 22:34:25

I find it a bit too sweet. I love chanel though. Love number 19 and christalle.

FinallyGotAnIPhone Tue 27-Dec-16 22:37:41

I love it. Haven't worn it for years but I would if someone bought it me!

Botanicbaby Tue 27-Dec-16 22:41:51

It really depends on the person it's on. My SIL wears cristalle which I think smells awful from the bottle and on me but lovely on her!
My other SIL likes allure, I think it's sweet but smells ok ish on me, not my first choice.
MIL like no5 which is ridiculously sweet to me. I like Chance but none of them do. Each to their own.

Pallisers Tue 27-Dec-16 22:43:40

I got a bottle of this for xmas too. Hoping it will grow on me.

My kids were cracking up because I announced "chanel always smells just like perfume" But it does smell like classic generic perfume to me. I like No 19 but think No. 5 smells of nothing at all - just old lady perfume.

teacher54321 Tue 27-Dec-16 22:51:58

I used to wear Allure and love it-haven't worn it for years. I remember a friend at university who was <extremely> posh and rich said to me when I was wearing it 'mmmmm darling, you smell expensive!' Which always makes me smile when I think about it smile

Pallisers Wed 28-Dec-16 21:06:03

I tried it today - not a fan. My daughter likes it though. I do think scent is very personal. I'd give it to her but I don't think a 15 year old should have chanel perfume ... should she?

MixedUpConfusion Thu 29-Dec-16 02:54:26

I don't like it, was bought a bottle as a gift one time and didn't manage to get through the bottle

Newbrummie Thu 29-Dec-16 08:19:26

Pallisers - these days it's not unusual my 14 year old has Mac lipsticks.

AmethystMoon Thu 29-Dec-16 13:55:21

I wore Chanel at 17, no.5, then Chance in my 20's and now Allure Sensuelle. I've worn Coco since I was 18 as my evening going out scent.
At 14 I wore Poison fgrin

diddl Thu 29-Dec-16 13:58:14

I love it.

Wish I could afford it!

Newbrummie Thu 29-Dec-16 14:03:54

diddl - just keep getting samples, that's what I did when I was broke

diddl Thu 29-Dec-16 14:07:04

What a good idea, thank you!

GreatNorthern Thu 29-Dec-16 14:55:22

The bottle is Eau de Parfum so maybe that makes it smell stronger?
I'd have prefered the Eau de Toilette if anything.

It's a bit too strong for my liking as I prefer' green' and lighter florals. I'm hoping it will grow on me. The person who gave it to me was trying to 'do the right thing' and I think they'd chosen according to an age thing ( ie I'm over 40 and not as young as they are!)

In my teens I used EL Youth Dew but as I've got older I prefer fresher and lighter scents rather than musk/ vanilla. Hopefully it will grow on me as it cost almost £100!!!

Notagainmun Thu 29-Dec-16 17:02:49

Love it and this is the only perfume I use. Lots of compliments received over the years I have been wearing it.

Sunshine59 Thu 29-Dec-16 17:23:32

I used to wear this years ago, I was once told I smelt really classy so I was very pleased! I loved poison when I was about 14 as well, used to think I was very posh with proper perfume grin

Nospringflower Thu 29-Dec-16 17:25:13

I love Allure - especially Sensuelle (or whatever it is!) I have it for best smile

TSSDNCOP Thu 29-Dec-16 17:27:56

I've had the "mm you smell expensive" comments when I've worn it too. For me it's an evening scent, very glamorous

Doyouthinktheysaurus Thu 29-Dec-16 17:28:09

Love it!

It was my wedding day perfume 16 years ago and I'm only on my second bottle since thenblush It's too strong a smell for everyday in my job so I don't wear it that often but the bottle I have had kept it's smell really well.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now