Talk

Advanced search

Droopy Eyelids!

(5 Posts)
Severino Tue 27-Dec-16 17:45:07

Am hoping for some MN advice. I've always had quite droopy eyes but as I age (now 49) they are worse. In the mornings my eyelids often seem quite puffy. I don't sleep well so that doesn't help....
Just wondered if anyone knew of any wonder cream I could use. Currently I use cucumber slices, or cold spoons from the freezer to get the swelling down a little, but wondering if there is anything else.
I assume it's only going to get worse as I get older....

mowglik Tue 27-Dec-16 20:50:07

My eyelids are starting to get a little droopy and the only eye cream (that I've tried) that corrects it is Avon anew clinical lift eye cream. It has a gel for the upper eye and a cream for the lower eye area. The eye cream seems a bit rubbish but the upper eyelid gel is brilliant and works well for me

Liiinoo Wed 28-Dec-16 10:59:04

I am 55 and droopy eyelids have been the bane of my life for years. Three weeks ago I bit the bullet and had Botox to lift them. Best money I have spent for ages. My eyebrows have a natural looking arch and my eyes are wide open and fresh looking.

Truckingalong Wed 28-Dec-16 17:04:14

No cream will work on droopy eyelids. It's not physically possible. The little eyelid strips can create an illusion up to a point but once you've got extra droopy skin, you need to either accept it or have surgery.

burnishedsilver Wed 28-Dec-16 17:16:09

I've had botox to lift them. The first the result was subtle but I was happy with it. I had it done a second time, by a different Dr, and it's been a disaster. My brow has dropped. My eyelids are heavier. I look different - tired and angry. When this wears off I'll never do it again. I was considering surgery but I've now decided not to ever risk that either.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now