Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Anyone got anything good in the sales?

(69 Posts)
taybert Tue 27-Dec-16 17:37:00

I fancy a splurge but so far have bought a bedding set and a curtain pole hmm

I've seen a shirt on Cos that I've had my eye on for a while but the model is 181cm and it's not short on her so it'd be down to my ankles.

Some decent work trousers would be good. And I wouldn't mind a new leather handbag.

Anyone want to share sale purchases?

Sammysquiz Tue 27-Dec-16 18:05:18

I just bought this Coach bag in plum. Had my eye on it for a bit so pleased to see it in the sale!

Dulcimena Tue 27-Dec-16 18:31:07

I did a Cos blitz at midnight on the 23rd and haven't bought anything since. This dress, these trousers in black and this coat.

I'm half-heartedly considering these shoes but I think they're about to sell out in my size...

taybert Tue 27-Dec-16 18:31:13

Oo, that's lovely. I would've got the plum too.

taybert Tue 27-Dec-16 18:33:11

They're a bargain though dulcimema, they'd be very versatile.

Dulcimena Tue 27-Dec-16 18:37:40

I can't tell if the bit around the sole is silver or white and it's holding me back a bit. Which is the shirt you were looking at?

The plum bag is lovely too, great colour.

taybert Tue 27-Dec-16 18:44:31

Shirt Out of stock in my size now and I suspect would be very long and I'd want to wear it out rather than tucked in.

I thought it was silver around the sole if that's helpful!

Dulcimena Tue 27-Dec-16 18:58:28

Oh nice shirt, see what you mean about the length though.

It does help, ty!

rachyconks Tue 27-Dec-16 19:02:51

www.tedbaker.com/uk/Womens/Clothing/Jackets-Coats/LAUREOL-Flared-skirt-wool-coat-Black/p/131145-00-BLACK

The coat of my dreams. Had my eye on it for AGES. Went out of stock and back in again. £100 off. Had vouchers I got through work for my Christmas bonus so that paid for it. I'm in love grin

taybert Tue 27-Dec-16 20:02:29

Oo, lovely rachy. Ted Baker have some very nice coats.

Totallyaddictedtoshoes Tue 27-Dec-16 20:32:54

I've bought that coat too rachy, it's so gorgeous!

JaceLancs Tue 27-Dec-16 21:32:14

Jaeger black cardigan and stripy jumper
Geox black flat shoes for work
Black cashmere gloves tkmaxx
Grey sweater dress from M & S
Denim blue cashmere cardigan and mink coloured same also tkmaxx
I did get money and vouchers for Xmas - but spent all of them now

CointreauVersial Tue 27-Dec-16 21:44:01

I went out earlier and couldn't find anything!

pishedoff Tue 27-Dec-16 21:52:09

I picked up a No7 make up set for £8. Included 3 lip crayons and 2 lip glosses, all pinks/nudes

joangray38 Wed 28-Dec-16 02:55:50

I got some cashmere Great Plains joggers, so soft and comfy but look quite smart

FleshEmoji Wed 28-Dec-16 04:47:03

This All Saints leather jacket for 178 instead of 318

https://www.allsaints.com/women/leather/allsaints-atkinson-biker/

SimplyNigella Wed 28-Dec-16 07:05:58

Love the All Saints jacket, I've ordered a few bits from there too:

This top in both colours:
www.allsaints.com/women/tops/allsaints-vicki-top/?colour=5&category=115 - not technically in the sale but using the 20% code

and this jumper:
www.allsaints.com/women/knitwear/allsaints-metal-jumper/

This jumper from Whistles:
www.johnlewis.com/whistles-v-neck-marl-jumper/p2847411

Mulberry Tessie in Oxblood:
www.mulberry.com/us/shop/family/tessie/tessie-hobo-oxblood-soft-small-grain (I had two Mulberry bags stolen in a break in before Christmas so this is an insurance money purchase)

Classic UGG slippers as the old pair of short UGGs I've been using as slippers for the past 12 years have finally given up.

taybert Wed 28-Dec-16 08:35:35

That All Saints jacket is very nice. Some good stuff here.

Rioja123 Wed 28-Dec-16 11:17:12

I ordered two pairs of Jimmy Choos - Trixie and Louise. Hoping they will be delivered today!

Dulcimena Wed 28-Dec-16 11:36:26

My Cos order arrived this morning. Not sure whether I've had too many mince pies since I last tried them on or I'm just hormonal, but nothing looks right.

Loving all the other sales finds though.

SymphonyofShadows Wed 28-Dec-16 11:41:33

Two pairs of Doc Martens. A bit boring 'lady' pair of ankle boots with a bit of a wedge heel for work and Adrian loafers in black and white. I also ordered some Alexa for M&S Brogue ankle boots half price with an unexpected gift card but I will withhold judgement until I see them in RL as I fear they may be too cheap looking.

MrsBertMacklin Wed 28-Dec-16 11:46:23

30% off An Ally Cappellino bag. My second one, beautiful leather, understated designs. I love them.

Dancergirl Wed 28-Dec-16 12:01:21

Lovely bag sammy The Coach sale looks amazing, lovely bags for half price!

maggiethemagpie Wed 28-Dec-16 12:13:19

It's slim pickings this year... the online sales all seemed to have sold out of anything decent in the first few hours. I made the mistake of deliberating over a seasalt dress and now they're all gone.

Managed to pick up a cardi in John Lewis yesterday as I literally couldn't bring myself to leave empty handed. I like it, but I do wonder if it was a bit of a 'for the sake of it' purchase.

There used to be really good sales but for the past couple of years I've been less than impressed... shame as I was waiting until after xmas for prices to drop and now there's very little decent stuff to choose from....

PNGirl Wed 28-Dec-16 13:35:11

So many of my favourite retailers went into sale in mid-December. I wanted another All Saints jacket but by the time they emailed me they'd all gone in my size. Now I remember why I bought my first one from there in January full price.

I'm debating a Coach Scout Hobo in khaki but I don't really need it.

uk.coach.com/coach-designer-purses-scout-hobo-in-pebble-leather/34312.html?dwvar_color=QBB75

Also thinking about a pair of Dr Marten fur-lined Serenas but they are still around £90 down from £120, even in all the sales.

Maybe I'll just keep the cash I'd put aside and spend it on something in Jan/Feb again!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now