Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Really quiet hair clippers

(6 Posts)
squiz81 Tue 27-Dec-16 16:05:03

I have a 2 year old who has hysterics over hair cuts. Last few times I've just buzzed it with clippers.

My clippers (some old Wahl ones) make such a noise though and do this crazy vibrating thing. It's making him worse and I just managed to give him a big bald patch shock

Can anyone recommend some clippers that are really quiet? And hopefully not expensive!

ILostItInTheEarlyNineties Tue 27-Dec-16 18:45:36

I've got some newish Wahl ones that are quiet (Argos). I think yours are just noisy because they're old. Sometimes putting a little oil on the blades helps as well.

I've been cutting my sons' hair since they were small. My tips are to stick them on a chair or high chair in front of their favourite tv programme to distract. You can Hoover up the hair after.

Cover them with a plastic cape. A black bin liner with a hole for their head will do. Little ones hate the prickly hair on them so have a bath ready for after.

Don't worry, his bald patch will grow back smile Can you get him a nice hat?

squiz81 Tue 27-Dec-16 18:54:26

Thanks fpr your reply. I will pop to Argos tomorrow. I wonder if they've been dropped at some point. They do behave strangely.

Believe me I've tried every trick under the sun with him. Even hairdressers that are great with kids struggle. My eldest was bad but never as bad as him. I've attached a pic of my mistake...maybe some people would pay good money for such an individual lookgrin

ILostItInTheEarlyNineties Tue 27-Dec-16 19:11:49

Ah he looks sweet. It's not that bad. My 15 year old has his shaved all round the back on number 1, it's the trend but I have a feeling your ds won't want you near him with the clippers again today. grin

If it's any consolation, my youngest always cried during haircuts. He still moans now (12yrs) but has improved! I just had to do it as quickly as possible and hope the neighbours didn't think I was torturing him.

squiz81 Tue 27-Dec-16 19:19:34

I was worried what the

squiz81 Tue 27-Dec-16 19:21:26

I did worry about the neighbours today!!

I might wait until he falls asleep and try and fix it a bit with scissors...(this will undoubtedly result in me making things worse)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now