Talk

Advanced search

Eye make up!

(25 Posts)
braceybracegirl Tue 27-Dec-16 12:09:12

Would like to crack eye make up. Eye shadow just seems to wear and I'm not very skilled at putting it on. Ditto eyeliner. What ones are good? And how can I improve at putting it on? Youtube tutorials?

braceybracegirl Tue 27-Dec-16 12:12:52

I have small eyes and a big nose sad

braceybracegirl Tue 27-Dec-16 12:14:52

As you can see I have reddish eyelids too. Need something to sort that out!

Cakescakescakes Tue 27-Dec-16 12:17:52

An eye primer will help your eyeshadow stay on better. I have urban decay and Laura Mercier ones and they are great. I'd suggest an eye palette with a variety of colours. One of the urban decay naked ones would be great. I have Naked 3 and Smokey. naked 3 is very wearable with rose type colours. Can do everything from very natural to full evening with the one palette. If you buy from a counter they will show you how to use it or there are millions of you tube tutorials as the naked palettes are very popular with you tubers. The quality of the shadows is excellent too though. For eyeliner it's a matter of getting it smudged on properly. I do a very fine line on my upper lashes then go over it with a tiny smudger pencil brush (the brush included in Naked Smokey has one of these included). This helps it blend in. In general blending is the key so a nice fluffy eye brush will help get rid of any hard lines.

Cakescakescakes Tue 27-Dec-16 12:18:31

I have red kids too and the Laura Mercier eye base totally evens that out and gives a lovely even skin tone to work on as well as helping shadow to stay put.

Cakescakescakes Tue 27-Dec-16 12:18:37

Red lids

braceybracegirl Tue 27-Dec-16 12:19:44

Is the eye primer the same thing as the eye Base?

Cakescakescakes Tue 27-Dec-16 12:20:33

Yes sorry I can't remember the exact name of it. Let me check...

Cakescakescakes Tue 27-Dec-16 12:22:45

m.houseoffraser.co.uk/Laura+Mercier+Eye+Basics/164794793,default,pd.html#BVRRWidgetID

This is it. I have the lightest ivory colour but there are colour correcting versions too. I love it and a tiny amount goes a very long way.

braceybracegirl Fri 30-Dec-16 14:09:16

Thank you. Is anyone able to recommend what colours would suit me?

Iamtheresurrection Fri 30-Dec-16 16:11:32

Pinterest has some good guides. I have the urban decay basics and basics 2 smaller palletes.

Iamtheresurrection Fri 30-Dec-16 16:12:18

Should have said I have similar colouring. Maybe more red hair.

Cakescakescakes Fri 30-Dec-16 16:43:53

I have similar colouring and have urban decay naked 3 which is lovely rose type tones. Very easy to wear.

braceybracegirl Sat 31-Dec-16 22:13:51

Urban decay looks great but pricey!

braceybracegirl Sat 31-Dec-16 22:15:04

Iamtheressurection do I look like I've got red hair? That's interesting cos I've got really dark brown hair but I do look a bit red in that photo don't I!

PossumInAPearTree Sat 31-Dec-16 22:18:23

Makeup revolution do amazing palettes. I think it's the iconic ones which are meant to be urban decay dupes??

here

braceybracegirl Sat 31-Dec-16 22:19:26

Thank you smile how do I know which colours suit me?

PossumInAPearTree Sat 31-Dec-16 22:21:25

These diagrams are good.

here

PossumInAPearTree Sat 31-Dec-16 22:23:42

Get something like this with a lot of neutrals and browns and have a play

www.superdrug.com/Makeup-Revolution/Makeup-Revolution-Redemption-Palette-Essential-Mattes-2/p/432700

braceybracegirl Sat 31-Dec-16 22:29:23

Those diagrams are good thank you. Don't how I would get the thick black lines though without it looking crap. I do put black eyeliner on but it doesn't stay on! Maybe the primer would help.

PossumInAPearTree Sat 31-Dec-16 22:35:15

Some eye liner is shit.

Mac kohl pencils are good. I just bought a L'Oréal smokisimee pen which is good as well.

Maraki Sat 31-Dec-16 22:35:33

Makeup Revolution Iconic 3 is a dupe for Urban Decay Naked 3 x

PossumInAPearTree Sat 31-Dec-16 22:42:11

good video

braceybracegirl Sat 31-Dec-16 22:58:31

Her eyelashes are incredible!

mydogmymate Sat 31-Dec-16 23:17:45

Her eyelashes are strip ones. I really haven't got the hang of these so I have a lash lift instead. It's at a salon and they curl and tint the lashes so I can go makeup free or use mascara on them and it looks more dramatic. I don't do eyeliner either because I can't get the hang of it but there are loads of tutorials on YouTube. Good luck 💄👁

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now