Talk

Advanced search

Tinted moisturiser/bb/cc cream

(32 Posts)
taybert Tue 27-Dec-16 10:58:01

Any recommendations? I've got pale skin and would like a bit of coverage but something quite light.

SeaweedSa1ad Tue 27-Dec-16 11:00:19

Origins Vitazing, amazing stuff.

Otherwise I also like Laura Mercier or NARS tinted moisturisers, they have a good range of colours.

Blerg Tue 27-Dec-16 11:02:11

I'm pale too and get on well with Bourjois cc cream m.boots.com/h5/cat_hub?unCountry=uk&path=%2Fen%2FBourjois-123-Perfect-Colour-Correcting-cream_1450122%2F%250D

Cheesymonster Tue 27-Dec-16 11:03:10

I just started using La Roche Posay Effaclar BB Blur. It's oil free and gives a matte finish. Other ones leave me a shiny mess.

HeyMacWey Tue 27-Dec-16 11:08:17

Bourjois cc cream is very light but gives good coverage ime. Like your own skin but better.

LordPeterWimsey Tue 27-Dec-16 11:12:55

I use NARS tinted moisturiser, which is great for me - really good texture and makes my skin look better without being obviously "done". La Roche Posay also do a CC cream that I like very much and is cheaper!

taybert Tue 27-Dec-16 11:17:34

Oo, thanks everyone, there's a few to look at there. How are the colours on the LRP ones?- the effaclar one looks like it could be good but I'm suspicious when there are only two shades!

Pavonia Tue 27-Dec-16 11:17:44

I'm also using LRP BB blur as I have oily skin. I saw it recommended by Ruth Crilly on A Model Recommends. I'm now on my second tube. The only problem with it is the lack of shades.

I have previously had Laura Mercier oil free, seems shiny plus I think I have the wrong shade even though I was colour matched at the counter. I think the lack of natural light in the beauty halls is a problem so you might want to take a mirror and check how you look outside.

I have tried the Garnier BB, quite yellow toned and matte but makes me look a bit dead.

For a while I used the No 7 tinted moisturiser, which was OK but again I thought a bit too shiny.

It probably depends on your age, I'm 47 and find this tricky. But what I see as shiny someone younger might see as attractively dewy.

taybert Tue 27-Dec-16 11:43:55

I'm 33. I've always had really oily skin but now I'm on some medication that dries it out so I'm not really sure what I'm doing! Thicker foundations etc seem to drag on my skin now without a primer but I'm enjoying not having to layer stuff in any more so don't really want to be using multiple products if I can help it. Also I don't need the coverage so much so the idea of quick, simple make up really appeals. My skin is pale with pink undertones so anything yellow just looks wrong and a lot of stuff is just too dark. When my skin was oily I used lily lolo mineral powder, I've looked at their BB cream but it doesn't get good reviews.

FrustratedFrugal Tue 27-Dec-16 13:25:03

Taybert I've used Lily Lolo too and am pale and neutral/cool. Cannot use anything yellow. Missha Perfect Cover #21 BB cream and Dr Jart Premium BB cream match my skin really well.

FrustratedFrugal Tue 27-Dec-16 13:27:20

I haven't tried LRP CC but used to use their full coverage foundation that had a limited shade range. The palest shade was too dark for me.

coxsorangepippin Tue 27-Dec-16 13:36:19

Or l'oreal 'perk up cream' if the vitazing is too dark

borntobequiet Tue 27-Dec-16 13:42:50

I must have recommended Clinique Moisture Surge tinted moisturiser dozens of times on these threads (well, maybe not dozens but quite a few times), because it's really light but gives very good coverage. My skin is pretty awful but it makes it look OK.

acurtis1234 Tue 27-Dec-16 18:54:03

borntobequiet I agree. I have recently done the rounds of all the make up counters for free samples, from Bourgois to Estee Lauder, Nars, Laura Mercier, Chanel and more...and have returned to Clinique every time. I would actually like a slightly heavier covering but just can't match Clinique for colour or texture.

queenofthebucket Tue 27-Dec-16 19:13:44

clinique city block here. helps protect my fair freckly face all year round.

taybert Tue 27-Dec-16 19:59:13

Is the Clinique one the one in the squat little bottle rather than the CC cream in the tube?

borntobequiet Tue 27-Dec-16 20:36:19

Yes, taybert, the bottle has an oval cross section and is somewhat squat.

leedy Tue 27-Dec-16 21:15:05

Bare Minerals Complexion Rescue. It is THE BOMB. Great shade range, incredibly hydrating, nice bit of coverage, SPF, nothing that irritates my sensitive skin.

LockedOutOfMN Tue 27-Dec-16 21:17:34

Lancôme. Can't remember the name.

1horatio Tue 27-Dec-16 21:21:21

Missha (is pale enough for me in winter), Yves Rocher and Clinique have both good ones, imo smile

HelenRose1111 Tue 27-Dec-16 23:18:28

Clinique Moisture Surge Tinted Moisturiser in the palest shade.
I apply with a flat topped sigma F80 brush, perfect. If you apply with fingers you lose half the moisturiser.

Artura Tue 27-Dec-16 23:19:52

Liz Earle sheer skin tint? Can't find anything else I like as much, feels nice on my skin, despite it being described as sheer, I find it covers well. There is a pale coloured one which should suit you.

annandale Tue 27-Dec-16 23:24:08

Body Shop Instablur and bb cream - two tubes. Very light.

HelenF350 Tue 27-Dec-16 23:29:49

I'm pale and use maybelline dream fresh bb which is really good.

Paddingtonthebear Tue 27-Dec-16 23:33:01

Laura Mercier for me. Foundation wrecks my skin, I tried a sample of Laura Mercier two years ago and it was fab. When I run out I try something else because LM is expensive and within a week my skin is crap and I always regret it and go back to LM.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now