Talk

Advanced search

Laura Mercier Lovers Help!

(24 Posts)
TillyLilly9 Tue 27-Dec-16 10:28:22

I have £150 space NK vouchers to spend and intend to use £100, and save the £50 for supplies as and when needed after.

I've used a few Laura Mercier products and been impressed. I'm not adventurous with make up, I usually wear MAC and buy the same stuff all the time. I just slather my foundation on with a brush!

I want to try a primer but not sure where to start! I have oily but sometimes dry skin and lots of acne scars. Any other products from Space NK/Laura Mercier I'm keen to hear about too grin

Cakescakescakes Tue 27-Dec-16 10:37:51

I like the Laura Mercier eye primers. Make my eyeshadow stay put all day long.

polyhymnia Tue 27-Dec-16 11:56:41

I really like By Terry and Chantecaille too, so do check them out. Also like Sarah Chapman skincare which Space NK stock.

Bluntness100 Tue 27-Dec-16 11:58:36

I love her body lotions, I also like her lip gloss, I've got one of the zingy grapefruit ones. Sorry if that's not more help, but the body soufflé lotions are great.

CurbsideProphet Tue 27-Dec-16 12:01:38

I love her Primer in Radiance. It is perfect for my pale and sensitive skin. Very jealous about your vouchers!

LordEmsworth Tue 27-Dec-16 12:07:16

I have some LM make up and it's fine, but prefer other brands.

I do have Becca mattifying primer and backlighting primer, both of which are fabulous. I prefer the mattifying primer to the LM one any day.

I love the Lipstick Queen lipsticks too, the Sinner ones are really gorgeously pigmented with great staying power.

A bit of a cliche on this board, but Nars Orgasm blusher works really well for me. Also like Deep Throat but Orgasm's my mainstay.

SesameSparkle Tue 27-Dec-16 14:30:31

I like the LM photo finish foundation for a good coverage to even out skin with scarring or spots. Their concealers are also very good. You could easily spend your 100 on base/concealer and one of their little concealer brushes. If you are after something more fun, but functional then their gel liners are really excellent... Ooh in fact they are great for eyeliners in general - they have a lovely product for very natural looking tight lining. There might also be some gift sets left over from Xmas of you're lucky. fgrin

Buddahbelly Tue 27-Dec-16 17:17:44

Perfect thread for me, Ive just come on to ask whats the best thing from Laura mercier.

I popped over in john lewis today and was given a free sample of the photo finish foundation (actually wanted mac but it was too busy). The lady who gave it to me was yellow though so not too sure, Ill try it tomorrow.

What else is good? I quite liked the coverglow (is that the correct name for it) powder.

MrsMarigold Tue 27-Dec-16 19:11:54

Chanticaille is the dogs bollocks and I used to love Laura Mercier.

MaryManchego Tue 27-Dec-16 19:14:04

I've got the candleglow foundation and quite like it, it comes in some really pale shades (I'm pasty)

ThisSeason Tue 27-Dec-16 19:14:37

Tinted moisturiser! It's bloody brilliant for everyday wear.

If you want a bit more coverage, try the Candlelight foundation. Both superb and give a lovely glow.

With Space NL vouchers I would also be buying some Shu Eumura (sp?) eyelash curlers.

mrscrocopop Tue 27-Dec-16 19:16:03

I second the vote for tinted moisturiser. I get the oil free one. Haven't used foundation in years now, I much prefer the natural finish of this product.

MaryManchego Tue 27-Dec-16 19:18:58

The REN skincare stuff is nice, like this in the sales www.spacenk.com/uk/en_GB/brands/r/ren/super-hero-kit-2015-MUK200017612.html

bingohandjob Tue 27-Dec-16 21:16:49

The Laura Mercier eye caviar sticks are brilliant - easy to use, stay put all day, great colours.

Littlemissindifferent Tue 27-Dec-16 23:38:29

I am on my second mineral powder foundation and absolutely love it. It has a lovely coverage with a slight glow and lasts for ages. I first heard about it as recommended by Nadine Baggot.

feettothestars Wed 28-Dec-16 07:39:37

I love the caviar sticks. I have plum and use it for tightlining. Haven't tried foundations but now tempted...

JennyHolzersGhost Wed 28-Dec-16 07:50:51

I've said this before on here but I love Cover FX pigment - you either blend it with your own moisturiser to get a base that's as sheer as you like or you can apply it neat for full coverage. Space NK stock it. Worth going into the store to get the colour match right.

JennyHolzersGhost Wed 28-Dec-16 07:51:37

The Laura Mercier mineral powder is indeed great for a glowy finish.

I also like the LM eyeliners.

Hadron21 Wed 28-Dec-16 07:59:03

There's a LM make up palette in the sale (online) at space n k. Great value.

GinIsIn Wed 28-Dec-16 08:00:56

Another vote for the eye caviar sticks here- LOVE them!!

Fridayschild Wed 28-Dec-16 08:06:23

Ooh what a lovely dilemma! Can you and your vouchers go into Space NK when it's not busy and ask for a LM makeover to see what you like and what they'd suggest? And then think It over and come later to actually spend.

I love the illuminated tinted moisturiser for a no-make up look and have been given some primer as a present.

polyhymnia Wed 28-Dec-16 15:18:37

Another vote for the tinted moisturiser here. But would definitely check out Chantecaille By Terry and Becca too if I had a token like that.

eyespydreams Wed 28-Dec-16 15:29:04

Ooh I didn't know they sold becca in snk?

I love lm, secret camouflage is a hardworking essential for me, but the best snk purchase I've made this year is hourglass ambient powder - I am pale, use my usual colour powder then use hourglass to give me a glow like a very faint, glowy bronzer. Amazingly subtle.

TillyLilly9 Wed 28-Dec-16 17:10:18

The Space NK where I am is tiny and always rammed. The thought of sitting in a small, hot and humid shop getting my make up done fills me with dread blush

There's so much to choose from! I've got the face illuminator and the primer! I don't wear eye shadows, I have so many and never wear them. shock

They do sell Becca in Space NK - I've got the highlighter in champagne pop & moonstone - it's amazing grin

Any more recommendations welcome!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now