Talk

Advanced search

Handbag help

(12 Posts)
SarfEast1cated Tue 27-Dec-16 06:53:07

Hi all, I would like to get a nice black handbag in the sale. Willing to go up to £200. Tragically have champagne tastes with beer pockets, so your amazing shopping skills would be appreciated.
I love this Paul Smith bowling bag but it is way over budget. I want something big and plain capable to taking packed lunch large book and other stuff necessary for daily work life. I did look at the Modalu bags, but am put off by the negative reviews this one I like quite plain bags but nice leather. This one from Oliver Bonas is nice, but not the right colour - want black if possible. The bag needs to be strong and capable of holding files and books from time to time. Any thoughts? Budget would be about £200 so not a huge amount.

SarfEast1cated Tue 27-Dec-16 06:54:17

Sorry for lack of punctuation - too many brackets which confused me!

HmmmHashtag Tue 27-Dec-16 07:01:35

Have a look at Coach uk.coach.com/shop/women-handbags-satchels

Or maybe Kate Spade?

SarfEast1cated Tue 27-Dec-16 07:05:36

Thanks Hashtag - I like Kate Spade, but need to go into a shop and see properly I think. May gird up my loins and go to Oxford Street.

ThisIsNotARealAvo Tue 27-Dec-16 07:24:57

I've been looking at some nice radley ones in the John Lewis sale. Most of them don't have the silly dog on them
There are also a couple of Calvin Klein ones that are gorgeous. I can't really justify it atm but very tempting!

SarfEast1cated Tue 27-Dec-16 07:31:24

Are Radley better quality now this? They used to be a bit average 10 years ago (when I last bought an expensive handbag).

SarfEast1cated Tue 27-Dec-16 07:36:02

This one looks nice thanks!

SarfEast1cated Tue 27-Dec-16 11:30:41

So this I have just got back from a fact finding trip to JL and the Radley bags are really nice. I like the Millbank one, but as it is not in the sale, don't need to buy it urgently. Thanks for the tip!

SarfEast1cated Fri 30-Dec-16 20:37:34

I am still mulling this over. I really like this bag, looks clean, unfussy and fits everything I need, but I can't decide on the colour. I work in a school so no need to look too 'young executive' and I don't wear very much black. Can i get a navy bag for all year round, or will that look when I do wear black. I think of it as a nautical colour that you wear in summer, rather than a winter colour. I know it's hardly a big deal, but do you have any thoughts? The pale blue is nice, but seems too pale for winter...

HmmmHashtag Sat 31-Dec-16 08:37:31

I think navy is classic and goes with anything, any season.

The light blue doesn't look that pale to me, have you seen it in real life?

ChishandFips33 Sat 31-Dec-16 09:00:49

I can vouch for the robustness of Rowallan!

I have the navy laptop/work bag (looks similar to the Radley you linked) and it holds a canny weight

I also have a Radley Aldgate in brown, unused which might be the older version of your linked one - I wouldn't get a packed lunch in it but it would be good for papers, note book, tablet, purse etc

Fossil Emmerson??

SarfEast1cated Sat 31-Dec-16 10:10:30

Thanks both I might get the navy then, the pale blue isn't really a pastel, but a diluted airforce blue I think. A colour I usually like but not 100% on this one. Brown is a hard colour to get right IMO, i like a really nice saddle brown, but quite hard to find that rich a colour unless you pay for really expensive bag.
Thanks again ladies. I like the Rowallian bags, but would need to see it in real life first though...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now