Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Facial oil for dry, dehydrated sensitive skin?

(28 Posts)
hickorydickorycock Mon 26-Dec-16 21:20:30

My skin is getting dire and so dehydrated. Need a miracle oil!

TheHouseOfIllRepute Mon 26-Dec-16 21:24:44

I have very sensitive skin which gets super dry at times
Oil has never worked for me. It makes my skin more dry

RandomDent Mon 26-Dec-16 21:26:35

My skin is dry and sensitive. Oil led to horrific acne that took years to shift. sad

ChardonnayKnickertonSmythe Mon 26-Dec-16 21:28:02

My miracle is the Clarins Sensitive Skin Repair Serum, in the little white bottle.

hickorydickorycock Mon 26-Dec-16 21:29:12

Those who oil doesn't work for... what do you use instead? My skin has got soooooo bad

RandomDent Mon 26-Dec-16 21:32:27

I use Avène moisturiser: www.boots.com/en/Avene/.

mayhew Mon 26-Dec-16 21:33:53

Almond oil works for me. After hot cloth cleansing with aqueous cream. My skin has never looked better in winter.

hugoagogo Mon 26-Dec-16 21:33:55

Eucerin has made all the difference for my face.

MistyMinge Mon 26-Dec-16 21:36:44

I only used a sample but was really impressed with the L'Occitane divine youth oil. I'd really like some. Pretty pricey though. It has great reviews online.

I've also used the Dr Hauschka oil in the past which was good, but probably more for combination skin.

Chickpearocker Mon 26-Dec-16 21:37:26

Ad skin synergy night time oil is good for me, also decleor has a nice range. My skin is dry sensitive and red.

ScarlettDarling Mon 26-Dec-16 21:38:39

The Body Shop oils of life facial oil is gorgeous. There is a day cream in the same range which is lovely too. I've been using the cream in the morning ring and the oil after removing my makeup in the evening and my face feels soft and rehydrated.

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Mon 26-Dec-16 21:39:47

Milk.

Seriously, Google it. Works a treat.

MozzchopsThirty Mon 26-Dec-16 21:40:13

Neals Yard rose facial oil is divine
I swap and change other products but never this

Recentlylazy Mon 26-Dec-16 21:42:26

Read an article recently which compares body lotions and body oils. Have really dry skin so use oil. Horrified to find that it actually dehydrates your skin, there was a scientific explanation which made sense but cannot recall details. Best result were from Dove Body lotion, which increased hydration. Surprising as it was compared with so call premium lotions and oils. Now using back log of non Dove lotions. They are definitely doing more than previous liberal oil applications

ChickenVindaloo2 Mon 26-Dec-16 23:28:46

That's interesting, recently.
I am using both dove oil in the shower and body lotion.

rubybleu Tue 27-Dec-16 02:55:09

I have dehydrated skin & the very best thing for me is to use an occlusive ointment over my moisturiser as my last step - I use the US version of Aquaphor which is basically Vaseline, glycerin & lanolin. It stops moisture escaping from your skin.

I use it liberally at night and the teensiest smear in the day on the driest areas (my forehead). Nothing really worked until I started doing this. Oil definitely didn't, although it does have some occlusive properties.

Motherfuckers Tue 27-Dec-16 03:02:32

Lancôme hydra intense. My skin gets too dry with oils too.

BradleyPooper Tue 27-Dec-16 04:42:51

Neals yard wild rose beauty balm. Use a thin layer as a night treatment or massage it in and wash off as a cleanser. Truly miraculous and gorgeous.

Whattocallbabyboy Tue 27-Dec-16 04:45:44

Moo goo range

CouldHaveNotCouldOf Tue 27-Dec-16 09:09:54

In the run up to Christmas my skin suddenly turned really dry and flaky with an attractive red patch on the side of my nose. Christmas Eve I was in Space NK and bought some Kiehl's Midnight Recovery. It's amazing, the top of my nose is still a little bit dry and rough but the rest has all cleared up.

InterchangeableEmma Tue 27-Dec-16 09:23:09

Eucerin keeps my dry, dehydrated skin in really good condition. I've tried so many things but was always rattling about between reactions, inadequate hydration and overly greasy formulations, no more!

LadyOfTheCanyon Tue 27-Dec-16 18:57:15

Try a serum for dehydrated skin like Vichy Aqualia or the Clarins hydraquench under a really good creamy moisturiser instead. I have terribly dry and dehydrated skin and oils don't work at all unless I mix a couple of drops into a moisturiser for extra oomph.

humanfemale Tue 27-Dec-16 19:30:17

Op your skin type sounds the same as mine. Coconut oil - extra virgin food grade from most supermarkets for about £6. Amazing stuff, and I have really sensitive skin that's
Also spot prone. Coconut oil definitely hasn't caused any congestion.

humanfemale Tue 27-Dec-16 19:32:45

Also if you fancy treating yourself Dr Hauschka rose day cream is amazing. What I save on the massive £6 pots of coconut oil, I spend on this rich cream. I have incredibly dry skin and it beats everything else I've tried hands down.

mowglik Tue 27-Dec-16 21:36:55

OP try a hydrating watery essence instead, I used to use oil and still had dry flaky spots in winter but I don't have any dry areas at all now. The body shop oils of life essence is good as it's a watery oil emulsion.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now