Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Stylish work clothes - what's your fantasy wardrobe?

(6 Posts)
DaphneCanDoBetterThanFred Mon 26-Dec-16 21:03:42

I just gone back to work full time after years of being part time and being on maternity leave and feel like I've got nothing stylish to wear. I want to be reasonably stylish at work, don't have a huge budget, slightly pot bellied size 10/12 (thanks kids) so nothing too skin tight. Do you have a brilliant work wardrobe? Or a brilliant fantasy wardrobe? I would love to see what other people wear so I can get some great ideas to go shopping with. I've added a few photos of the kind of thing I like but at this point I'm open to anything that isn't pajamas grin Thanks in advance for any inspiration!

TronaldDump Mon 26-Dec-16 21:51:47

A couple of lovely skirts from Hobbs are good to add into the mix. 50s/60s style straight/pencil ones which you can wear with a loose blouse or a jumper as per your images above. Also a decent jacket which you can throw over a long sleeved t-shirt or something more casual and smarten it up - Zara'a quite good for that.

I have a pair of navy 7/8th length trousers which are good to dress up or down. I avoid ballet flats like the plague now but can't face heels so usually go for loafers or pony skin pumps.

I used to love dressing up for the office but it's hard now when I'm shattered and usually covered in snot and weetabix! Still nice to get out of the house feeling human and presentable though after a long time at home with babies!

DaphneCanDoBetterThanFred Mon 26-Dec-16 23:29:03

Thanks * Tronald* I'll have a look at Hobbs, didn't think of there. Work is like a fecking freezer so I've been wearing thermal layers but come the Spring I shall attempt a pencil skirt smile Off to have a look!

3nationsfamily Mon 26-Dec-16 23:37:10

What kind of a job? Office style will be very different between say a bank and a media company

DaphneCanDoBetterThanFred Mon 26-Dec-16 23:39:53

I'm a teacher so nothing too revealing or covered in swear words grin

DaphneCanDoBetterThanFred Mon 26-Dec-16 23:44:12

And I should probably say it's older kids so there's no crouching down to floor level unless I'm hiding under the desk from the kids and no doing p.e at work or anything like that. Just need to be able to move my arms around a lot so I can reach the top of the whiteboard and gesticulate wildly. No other requirements, I think!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now