Talk

Advanced search

Returning beauty items

(6 Posts)
DarkDarkNight Mon 26-Dec-16 11:46:04

Beauty returns - Can I return a makeup brush set? It's unopened, it still has the plastic wrap/seal on.

My Mum asked what to get me for Christmas and I asked for makeup brushes expecting Real Technique, she has bought me a Dior set. It cost far too much money, I know she would have felt pressured into buying them at the counter, and there's no prices listed. I feel awful and would like her to get her money back.

pasturesgreen Mon 26-Dec-16 12:13:09

Where did she get them from? I did a quick search on the the John Lewis website and they seem returnable, but of course I don't know where she bought them.

Your best bet is probably emailing customer services, if they're still sealed you have a good case.

Most importantly, what does your mum say? Maybe she's just genuinely happy to treat you.

DarkDarkNight Mon 26-Dec-16 17:19:24

Thank you, she got them from Debenhams, she's got the receipt so hopefully they will take them back.

She does want to treat me, but she will have just asked for them at the counter with no real idea of the cost. She will have walked away feeling sick sad.

DarkDarkNight Mon 26-Dec-16 17:21:48

Just checked the exclusions and I think cosmetics are ok if still sealed so hopefully makeup brushes will be.

Empress13 Mon 26-Dec-16 17:24:15

Aww bless her. The worst you can do is try. Hope you're successful.

I have the RT foundation brush bloody brilliant !

DarkDarkNight Tue 27-Dec-16 02:05:42

I hope so, I will wait for the sales to die down then try to return.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now