Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Best place to buy Dyson hairdryer?

(23 Posts)
Scarydinosaurs Sun 25-Dec-16 23:47:39

Has anyone seen anywhere offering general discounts that also sell the Dyson hairdryer?

I know it is £300 but I was wondering if it was worth waiting to see if somewhere like John Lewis was going to do a general 10% off sale before I bought it?

Thanks!

Liiinoo Mon 26-Dec-16 17:36:58

I'm waiting to out on this one admit is such a lot of money. Either for QVC to feature it so I can try it out and return it if it isn't as great as they say or for Dyson to launch a new model and maybe reduce the price of this one.

Patriciathestripper1 Mon 26-Dec-16 17:44:19

I got a Dyson for Christmas and trust me you won't want to return it as it's fucking awesome. I love that the accessories are magnetic. In fact I love everything about it and it's safe for my 9 year old to use caus she can't poke her fingers into it!

Paddingtonthebear Mon 26-Dec-16 17:47:41

Don't do it.

My boss plus two of my friends have them and they all loved them at first but have all gone right off them within 6 months and prefer their previous dryers!

sparklyraindeers Mon 26-Dec-16 18:38:10

I tried a week before Xmas to get this and it was like gold dust.

Currys, John Lewis and Dyson were sold out I managed to get in boots in store bit online they were sold out.

I've not used it on myself bit I ised it on DD this morning and it's strange as it reminds me of a travel dryer size but sounds like a Dyson Hoover.

It seemed to dry a lot faster and my DDS hair was a lot straighter than using my heavy ghd dryer even tho I dried it exacally the same.

RipMacWinkle Mon 26-Dec-16 18:48:33

Do you know why Paddington?

LittleMysMoominMamma Mon 26-Dec-16 18:55:25

Sorry, but I've had mine for over 6 months and still bloody love it, can't even imagine why I wouldn't? Previously used Parlux hairdryers for years, but I never got the same frizz free results on my thick, shoulder length hair as I do with the Dyson, and its super fast.

(Have previously posted my review on MN if anyone feels inclined to search)

Scarydinosaurs Mon 26-Dec-16 20:42:09

Oh this is really helpful, thank you everyone!

I'm thinking about waiting for boots double points and buying it then so at least I get something out of the purchase!

Skyllo30 Mon 26-Dec-16 20:45:42

I asked for Boots vouchers for Christmas so I could buy one! They're all sold out just now but hoping for either an Advantage point offer or electrical discount code before I buy one. My current hairdryer is about 15 years old from Argos so I feel I'm overdue an upgrade. grin

ChickenVindaloo2 Mon 26-Dec-16 23:25:02

How is the Dyson for noise?

LittleMysMoominMamma Tue 27-Dec-16 09:37:31

Dyson is very quiet in comparison to a normal/Parlux hairdryer.
I've heard people say its noisier with the attachments on - that may be true, but its still significantly quieter than the norm (you can hold a conversation whilst using it).

Newbrummie Tue 27-Dec-16 11:17:15

Have you got perk box at work where you can buy vouchers for say boots at 5% off.

ChickenVindaloo2 Tue 27-Dec-16 11:55:43

Thanks!

Scarydinosaurs Tue 27-Dec-16 12:06:22

new no, but I'm sure someone I know does! Great idea!

Newbrummie Tue 27-Dec-16 12:09:38

It's 8% with the huddle card just checked, that and double points I think is the best you'll do for now

Paddingtonthebear Tue 27-Dec-16 12:59:08

I got a Parlux 385 Superlight for Christmas and it's brilliant

LittleMysMoominMamma Tue 27-Dec-16 13:32:58

I had a Parlux 385 and a 3200, both brilliant hairdryers, but the Dyson cut my drying time in half.

As I said previously, the Dyson comes into its own if you have thick, frizz prone longer hair which takes ages to dry.

oliviafrombolivia Tue 27-Dec-16 14:45:38

don't buy Dyson #Brexit.

Scarydinosaurs Tue 27-Dec-16 19:43:04

Olivia- what did Dyson do in Brexit??

I have long (and growing longer!) hair that I have had Brazilian blow dried every six months and STILL my arms ache drying it. So thick - which is lovely, but a right pain.

I'm hoping for a frizz free 2017

oliviafrombolivia Wed 28-Dec-16 12:11:09

Mr Dyson a very vocal supporter of #brexit, along with Next - recently closed my account down with Next (I"m sure they are devastated).

KiwiKay Wed 28-Dec-16 20:00:14

Oohh - pity you didn't get it at Boots during one of their Christmas nights - £12 of points with every £50 spent sad.
I tested it instore but didn't think it was that quiet or special - I think it depends on your hair.
Not sure where there is a discount on it now but I'll report back if I find somewhere smile

Scarydinosaurs Wed 28-Dec-16 21:29:52

kiwi that is a shame! I am in no rush, I am going to keep an eye on Boots for their points deals. Thank you!

olivia that is upsetting. Damn you, Mr Dyson. I don't think I have the conviction to not purchase from him though. I really want this hairdryer and I love my handheld Dyson. Why do our heroes let us down so much?

ajandjjmum Wed 28-Dec-16 21:32:22

Thank you note on it's way to Santa - I love mine!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: