Talk

Advanced search

Where can I learn to do eye makeup please?

(8 Posts)
thestylethatdecadesforgot Sun 25-Dec-16 15:31:14

Please don't suggest you tube! I've already tried and I can't copy, something to do with left handed-ness and mirror imaging things!

I've tried a few recommendations of eye liners and would love to be able to do a little flick but I keep making a mess of it. I have a short pixie cut and really would like to crack wearing make up to stop me feeling so boy-ish after never really wearing it ever!

Any suggestions gratefully received smile

hollinhurst84 Sun 25-Dec-16 15:43:28

For me I do the line on the eye lid first, just with a pointy brush and gel liner
Then I swap to a angled brush and draw a thin line out, as if I'm drawing the same angle up from my lower lid
Then I drag that line back into the lid to connect and fill it in

hollinhurst84 Sun 25-Dec-16 15:44:18

Like this

KenDoddsDadsDog Sun 25-Dec-16 15:49:16

If you're on Facebook come over to Mrs Gloss and the Goss. Fab tips from all kinds of women and skills.

WhooooAmI24601 Sun 25-Dec-16 15:57:31

I second MG&TG they're lovely and no-nonsense. Loads of really helpful bits for beginners and they're such a supportive group.

WhooooAmI24601 Sun 25-Dec-16 15:59:09

Also, for beginners I have to suggest Soap and Glory's supercat. It is amazing; I'm a total spanner at eyeliner but it's always great with supercat. Mac's pencil liners are lovely to smudge for a proper smoky eye, too, if you want to have a little try, and loads are on sale in John Lewis at the moment.

tighterthanscrooge Mon 26-Dec-16 03:55:48

I'm rubbish at make up but recently got my make up done at the Boots No 7 counter. The lady was lovely and spent ages showing me how to put everything on and what everything is for etc. Took her about 90 mins blush
But now I finally know what I'm doing wink

thestylethatdecadesforgot Mon 26-Dec-16 13:44:00

Wow thanks everyone!!

I had my foundation colour match thingy done at the no7 counter in October-ish and the girl was lovely. Matched to their palest foundation which made me look orange tanned when on (that's how pale I am!), so I bought their BB cream which was much better. In fact I'm super impressed with it though it doesn't last longer than half a day.

Very grateful for the suggestions, I will have a look at soap and glory and ask at the no7 counter re eyes.

hollinhurst thank you - I've tried the gel liner and angled brush and I do understand the technique but I really can't replicate it however hard I try!! Perhaps watching someone do it live might help!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now