Talk

Advanced search

Need a capsule wardrobe for Vegas in spring

(9 Posts)
Imscarlet Sun 25-Dec-16 12:50:08

Right, help. Heading towards 40, 5ft2, about 11 stone (hoping to lose a little) Apple shape, 36DD's.

I'm going to Vegas - yay! I have nothing to wear - boo!!

I need day and evening outfits. Going for about 4 days. Shows, restaurants, probably clubs (god help me!)

I have loads of skinny jeans, blue, black, white, wet look or whatever you might call it and some nice costume jewellery to jazz things up a bit.

Day wear I'm thinking skinny jeans and a top - maybe a pair of toms? Have converse/trainers etc.

Evening - people seem to be recommending jumpsuits - I don't really 'do' jumpsuits but could see the draw here maybe. Not sure they would suit my weight/height.

Not a big fan of my bingo wings, and legs would need tights to look presentable.

Hoping to shop a bit over there but don't want to rely on it.

All ideas much appreciated! Also, I am most comfortable in black!

wowfudge Sun 25-Dec-16 15:48:45

Anything goes in Vegas. You'll see people wearing all sorts. Make sure you have comfy shoes as walking up and down The Strip takes ages.

Newbrummie Sun 25-Dec-16 16:11:18

Jeans will be too warm even in spring, I wore dresses day and night and flip flops, maybe something better in your feet though

Kirriemuir Sun 25-Dec-16 17:49:46

I don't really recall people getting dressed up at night in vegas to be honest. Unless you were in a dress getting married.

I wore jeans in October and it was fine. Not too warm.

It's just a casual place. Save your cash and shop when you are there.

Imscarlet Sun 25-Dec-16 17:53:03

I'm going with a gang of dressy girls. I was there before, January, and jeans were fine then. Before I was very casual, different holiday.

queencerulean Mon 26-Dec-16 08:37:40

When in the spring? I went in April and it was really hot and wore shorts. It would have been far too hot for jeans. For evenings out I wore dresses and heels.

Imscarlet Mon 26-Dec-16 17:50:04

February - weather predicted to be 15-20 degrees which suits me just fine, warm and pleasant.

jobellinger Thu 29-Dec-16 12:08:17

Where to start...

SS17 trends from vogue include: Feathers (a bit of plumage in your accessories could work), tie die tops, all white outfits, big belts, layers (strappy tops or dresses over a little t-shirt is a bit of a saviour on big boobs).

Boyfriend jeans are really making a come back too! If you feel brave enough, they are v comfy and look great with a dressy top.

I also still love the trench coat look, as much as I love the leather jacket look.

This post is making me want to go shopping!

Imscarlet Sun 01-Jan-17 17:10:28

The first one, I couldn't be pull off even if I lost the two stone that I should. The second one, I could do as I have the coat and the trousers. However, I am short, stumpy, big of boob and pale as the moon, so I would probably look like I was going to work in an office. The third look, I love, but I don't think I'd get away with that much clothes in Vegas. But keep them coming!! flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now