Talk

Advanced search

Winter rosacea - does it exist?

(8 Posts)
user1476173955 Fri 23-Dec-16 12:17:45

I have a normal, perhaps a bit sensitive, skin but I've noticed that during the cold season it's getting red... I've been reading about rosacea as a skin condition and I suspect I may have it. But is it possible to only have it during winter?

TheCountessofFitzdotterel Fri 23-Dec-16 12:20:00

A lot of rosacea sufferers have it triggered and made worse by cold weather, yes.
Mine is horrible if I go out in cold wind - it can be itchy enough to keep me awake at night.

RenardeRenarde Fri 23-Dec-16 16:29:08

I'd say yes too, my rosacea isn't really noticeable in Summer, but the central heating and especially the heating in the car really sets mine off in Winter.

QueenofLouisiana Fri 23-Dec-16 17:04:35

Mine is more noticeable in the winter. In summer a light tan helps to even out my skin tone.

FrustratedFrugal Fri 23-Dec-16 17:10:26

My rosacea (now in remission) used to be cold triggered. Quick temperature changes set it off. UV exposure does not help either.

Candlelight123 Fri 23-Dec-16 19:46:35

Yes, I've got a big patch over the side of my nose at the moment, very sore & itchy

SooBee61 Fri 23-Dec-16 19:51:21

One thing to avoid (if possible) is alcohol! I had a glass of wine last weekend (we know how to live) and my left cheek looked like it had been slapped by an entire rugby team! It throbbed with heat too. You could have defrosted peas on it. Took all night to get back to normal.

Rainbowshine Fri 23-Dec-16 19:54:08

Another rosacea sufferer here and lots of changes in temperature, central heating drying my skin out and tiredness/stress are massive triggers for it to be worse. GP should be able to diagnose or refer to dermatologist.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now