Talk

Advanced search

Perfect thick high waisted leggings

(17 Posts)
Buildthemup Fri 23-Dec-16 08:58:39

I'm upduffed and need something stretchy already. What I'd really like are some thick black leggings that are high waisted or maybe maternity ones. I usually like those ones with the line down the middle (ponte?). I'm willing to pay medium £s as I bought some HM ones that just aren't right so I know I need to spend more than a tenner.

imjessie Fri 23-Dec-16 09:02:47

Mint velvet in a bigger size maybe ? I had maternity leggings from next and h and m .. also topshop do maternity .

FrustratedFrugal Fri 23-Dec-16 09:32:55

If you are size S or M, Benetton girl's leggings are awesome in size XXL. Thick velvet cord. I found black pairs instore and am wearing them as I type.

CouldHaveNotCouldOf Fri 23-Dec-16 09:40:55

The black leggings I wear the most out of all the pairs I have are from Avon. Perfect black leggings I think they are called. Not sure if they still do them though. They are thick, high waisted and come right down to the ankle.

SorrelForbes Fri 23-Dec-16 09:58:44

H&M Heavy leggings are the only ones I've found that are thick and don't go saggy.

QueenofLouisiana Fri 23-Dec-16 17:07:20

Sainsburys- the single ones, not packs of 2. I've been lazing in mine since 9am and they haven't bagged at all. They are about a year old so gave lasted well.

polyhymnia Fri 23-Dec-16 17:41:11

Recommend Boden's Hampshire trousers. They are nice thick but soft Ponte with a 'line' up the front and only £35 in the sale.

MummyPigLovesAppleSauce Fri 23-Dec-16 17:45:23

I recommend Sainsbury's ones too. The luxury ones are amazing and I lived in them while upduffed and still do now,three months later

Boogers Fri 23-Dec-16 17:48:02

What normal size are you OP? Others have suggested Topshop which are no good if you're size 18. I'd suggest Yours but they're no good if you're size 8.

Heyheyheygoodbye Fri 23-Dec-16 17:49:58

Asos Premium Supersoft are fab.

Leviticus Fri 23-Dec-16 17:58:31

These from Topshop are exactly as you describe and I can vouch that they are nice and thick and wash well. They come in long length as well.

Leviticus Fri 23-Dec-16 18:06:09

I read the OP as needing stretchy but not necessarily maternity.

Boogers Fri 23-Dec-16 18:24:46

Leviticus she needs to say her size. I find Yours leggings very generous in leg length, stretchyness and denier. Not much good if you're 5ft in heels and a size 6 after a good fill though.

I'm 5ft 7 and blah size. Yours have really good leggings that are very comfortable and very roomy, but they go from size 16 to 32. If you're size 16 I really recommend Yours leggings. Even if you're a 14, those leggings are roomy and long enough to give the on-trend wrinkle at the ankle.

Buildthemup Fri 23-Dec-16 20:17:41

I usually wear a size 6 legging but am on DC 4 so I imagine myself to be expanding quite quickly. Am tallish. Doesn't have to be maternity specific, haven't work maternity specific clothes before but was thinking might be worthwhile (even if I wasn't pregnant) because I mainly want stretchiness over my tummy

Boogers Fri 23-Dec-16 21:46:00

Yeah, don't go to Yours! smile

If you're over 5ft 8 have you tried Long Tall Sally? Haven't tried them myself yet but they're supposed to be good.

polyhymnia Fri 23-Dec-16 22:16:41

Boden will be far better quality than Yous, IMO.

nostaples Sat 24-Dec-16 08:39:59

I don't think you can beat M & S for these. Good price too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now