Talk

Advanced search

Help - I'm on camera!

(10 Posts)
Itscurtainsforyou Thu 22-Dec-16 20:45:30

I'm going to be interviewed in the next couple of weeks and it's going to be filmed.

I'm currently size 18-20 and unless I can lose 5 stone in 2 weeks, I've realised I have nothing to wear!

I really need dark Autumn type colours, v-neck or scoop neck, loose fit rather than body con etc

Can anyone help me??

Newbrummie Thu 22-Dec-16 21:09:25

Baukjen. Very flattering jumpsuits, dresses and trousers. Nice colours and comfy

Dailyfuckingsnail Thu 22-Dec-16 21:13:09

Contouring. That's what you need.

Are you being filmed sat down or standing up and walking? I'm no fan of heels but wear if you can.

Inside or out? If outside, a well cut jacket will work wonders.

Itscurtainsforyou Thu 22-Dec-16 21:38:44

Thanks smile
Sat down, not walking, inside.

I'm definitely getting my hair done...

Dailyfuckingsnail Thu 22-Dec-16 21:50:55

Don't wear anything too patterned. Well cut block colours.

And make sure you try and enjoy it. I'm sure it will be good fun for you as well. What sort of programme is it? Can we watch?!

Itscurtainsforyou Thu 22-Dec-16 22:58:16

Thanks - I'm not a pattern person (except stripes and I've been told not to wear them!)

Erm - I'll let you know if it makes it to to grin

Itscurtainsforyou Thu 22-Dec-16 22:58:34

*tv!

buckeejit Thu 22-Dec-16 23:01:31

Try sainsburys, h & m & new look for budget autumn colours. Also debenha so, monsoon, m & s. All good for autumn colours. Agreed, no pattern

BolivarAtasco Thu 22-Dec-16 23:11:35

Try searching John Lewis tops - you can specify the type of neckline, colour and sleeve, and you will get a range of different makes. The crimson Hush adele jumper is lovely, v neck and forgiving. Also try Plumo and Cos for oversize-style tops which look really nice. In my experience, Baukjen tends to come up small.

Good luck! I've been on camera a couple of times and was terrified but the camerapeople were fab and made me feel really at ease.

Itscurtainsforyou Fri 23-Dec-16 21:30:40

I was wondering about something like this - although it's not in my size...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now