Talk

Advanced search

What do you use to remove make up?

(43 Posts)
Tinks15 Wed 21-Dec-16 21:42:52

Just wondering what you all use to remove your make up? I have blemish oily prone skin & currently use the simple wipes.

HappyGirl86 Wed 21-Dec-16 21:51:01

I've started using that micellar water (apologies- might be spelt wrong!) and it's great. Removes my eye make up in one wipe. I also use Liz Earle cleanser to wash my face and that is also excellent at removing make up and so gentle on your skin. I love it.

GingerAndTheBiscuits Wed 21-Dec-16 21:52:15

CLinique Take the Day off balm followed by Superdrug vitamin E hot cloth cleanser

Believeitornot Wed 21-Dec-16 21:53:05

Soap and water. I've got oily skin and this works just fine.

Bluntness100 Wed 21-Dec-16 21:55:58

I also use simple make up remover wipes, I have normal skin though and no big issues,...,..

1horatio Wed 21-Dec-16 21:56:11

Cold pressed hemp oil with Castor oil (about a 10/1 ratio)

Hemp seed oil doesn't clog your pores and doesn't irritate my skin or eyes.

Beewhisperer Wed 21-Dec-16 21:59:46

I was just thinking about this today.

Pre baby- nice, reasonably pricey face wipes.
Now- a (hopefully clean) baby wipe. Assuming that I've actually gotten around to putting make up on.

Karcheer Wed 21-Dec-16 22:01:42

I also use Clinique Take the Day off balm for my face, but simple eye make up remover for eyes.
I've tried loads of other eyemake up removers but nothing comes close to simple imo, I don't like the oily ones.

IMissGin Wed 21-Dec-16 22:02:09

Coconut oil and a hot wet cloth

mydietstartsmonday Wed 21-Dec-16 22:02:52

Waitrose 3in1 wipes £1.89 a pack - fantastic

WhooooAmI24601 Wed 21-Dec-16 22:04:27

Liz Earle's Hot Cloth. I know everyone says she's changed the formula and it's all carp now but it really suits my skin (oily large pores but no spots). I have been using Emma Hardie's moringa cleanser for the last month as I found it on special offer but it's no more thrilling than the LE and more costly so I won't repurchase.

LadyMonicaBaddingham Wed 21-Dec-16 22:06:04

Micellar water. 'Tis ace

MadisonAvenue Wed 21-Dec-16 22:06:14

Micellar water is good, cheap too if you have a Poundland or Home Bargains nearby, and I've bought Boots Cucumber eye make up remover gel to try today. That was £1.50.
A lot of removers seem to contain oil and I have enough trouble keeping mascara on and not getting panda eyes without making my lashes greasy.

dylexicdementor11 Wed 21-Dec-16 22:17:17

Cold pressed coconut oil.

houseofpain Wed 21-Dec-16 22:21:13

Comb skin here. Coconut oil with hot muslin cloth and micellar water when feeling lazy.

Flingmoo Wed 21-Dec-16 22:23:17

Coconut or sweet almond oil, hot water and a flannel... works on light eye makeup too but if I was wearing heavy eye makeup I'd use wipes.

I love the Primark eye makeup remover wipes they usually have by the tills, £1 for a double pack so I think that must be about 60 wipes!

Judydreamsofhorses Wed 21-Dec-16 22:28:49

Micellar water to remove makeup, followed by a proper cleanser with a flannel to actually clean my face. I rotate between a few cleansers - Clinique TTDO balm, Sunday Riley Ceramic Slip, Ren, Botanics and one called Pure from M&S which seems to be identical to the Emma Hardin balm, but cost about £8.

llangennith Wed 21-Dec-16 22:29:24

Micellar water. The only thing that doesn't irritate my skin. DD1 uses the Micellar water that removes waterproof eye makeup. I have v dry skin and hers is oily but it suits us both. And it's cheap!

squoosh Wed 21-Dec-16 22:30:44

Body Shop Camomile Oil cleanser.

NicknameUsed Wed 21-Dec-16 22:33:16

The Body Shop Camomile Cleansing Butter as recommended on mumsnet. It is very very good.

Tessticklesyourfancy Wed 21-Dec-16 22:35:25

No7 hot cloth cleanser.

GoodGirlsGuide Wed 21-Dec-16 22:35:45

I use Body Shop Tea tree face wash in the shower in the morning and have done since I was 15 yrs old (I'm over 35 now..). Perhaps I should change but my skin is still okay.

I don't take my make up off at night though shock...although I've usually been to the gym and showered it off.

I love the Clarins Orange one step cleanser (if that is what it's called) if I do want to remove makeup quickly. I've had mine for so long (>7 yrs) I've forgotten the name...I don't use it that often, lol!

I use micellar water (L'Oréal) too as a morning toner before moisturising and I love that.

KoolKoala07 Wed 21-Dec-16 22:37:44

Wipes are dreadful for skin. I'm a beauty therapist and always tell my clients to do a little test. Remove makeup with wipe until you think skin is clean, then take a clean cotton pad with a toner or cleansing water and wipe over face and see how much remaining dirt comes off. It's quite suprising and could be be contributing to blemish prone skin.

AddToBasket Wed 21-Dec-16 22:38:33

I have oily skin.

I love Soap and Glory's Peaches and Clean - use lots and take off with a warm flannel. Then I use a Superdrug own hot cloth cleanse gel which is rinse off.

Flingmoo Wed 21-Dec-16 22:44:55

KoolKoala07 I only use wipes for eye makeup though, the little pad shaped ones, I can't see them causing issues there - I don't tend to get blemishes on my eyelids grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now