Talk

Advanced search

Mum boots?

(21 Posts)
fishinginthecut Wed 21-Dec-16 18:05:42

Are these too frumpy? I had the taller version a couple of years ago which I loved but I don't know if these shorter ones are straying into mum boot territory? Thoughts please!...

Floisme Wed 21-Dec-16 18:22:53

I neither know nor care about mum boots but they look just like my favourite Carvella ones that I've been trying to replace for two years. Thanks op - never thought of White Stuff. Now If they have them in grey I might have to come over and kiss you.

saltydogandme Wed 21-Dec-16 18:37:31

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

1frenchfoodie Wed 21-Dec-16 19:12:37

Look good to me, I find White Stuff come up a bit big personally.

Mumsnet is a really strange place for 'mum boots' to be an insulting term...

RemusLupinsChristmasMovie Wed 21-Dec-16 19:37:10

Hate the phrase 'mum boots'. Don't like those though, sorry, be they mum boots or not.

imjessie Wed 21-Dec-16 19:46:50

I love them !

fishinginthecut Thu 22-Dec-16 21:41:31

Bump

jelly10 Thu 22-Dec-16 22:58:51

I have a similar pair from Clarks which I've had for a couple of years. I nearly sent them to the charity shop last year but I've worn them loads so far this winter and am loving them again.

Out of curiosity - what does 'mum boots' actually mean? Genuine question - I've seen the phrase on here a few times and I get that it's not meant to be a compliment but what are the features of a 'mum boot'??

squiz81 Fri 23-Dec-16 10:10:08

I ordered these, but I think they're going back. They Are really stiff and uncomfortable around the ankle. They potentially will give with wear, but if they don't I'll be stuck with them as I won't be able to return them anymore

I also ordered the Gemma boots they have in the sale. Left foot fits, right boot slips around all over the place confused I didn't think my feet were that different in size!

squiz81 Fri 23-Dec-16 10:54:21

They look ok. Though I think side view looks too much like a workmans boot.

29redshoes Fri 23-Dec-16 10:56:34

jelly I also wonder this. I have no idea what counts as a mum boot!

SirChenjin Fri 23-Dec-16 11:00:47

Mum boots are usually found in Clarks or M&S Footglove - they are generally brown, slight point to the toe and have a small heel.Some posters on MN take a very dim view of them and their wearers - as if any of us care.

OP - love those boots.

Amethyst81 Fri 23-Dec-16 21:37:01

I do see what you mean about the workman's boot from the side! I think they might look a bit masculine with certain outfits.

NobodyputsBabyinaKorma Fri 23-Dec-16 22:27:51

There's no such thing as mum boots. You either like the boots and buy them or you don't ...

RockyBird Fri 23-Dec-16 22:30:37

If you're a mum surely all the boots you own are mum boots?

RemusLupinsChristmasMovie Fri 23-Dec-16 22:35:27

I actually think they look better on than they did in the original pic. How do they feel?

ZaZathecat Fri 23-Dec-16 22:40:05

Gosh where are all the mum - boot shamers tonight? Our clubbing I guess!

Moodybint Sat 24-Dec-16 04:17:54

I like them, I would wear them . I don't really know how one would define 'mum boots.' I just buy what I like. I don't think it really matters how something you wear would be perceived by another person. It should be what you feel
Comfortable wearing.

ZaraW Sat 24-Dec-16 04:37:09

I have Acne Pistol boots they are considered Mum Boots by a fair few posters on here. They are just mid heeled ankle boots. I've had mine 5 years and still wearing them all the time in winter.

squiz81 Sat 24-Dec-16 07:21:16

*RemusLupinsChristmasMovie

I actually think they look better on than they did in the original pic. How do they feel?*

For me not comfy enough. Really stiff around the ankle.

I have size 6 feet so maybe They would look less workman like if you have more petite feet!

Floisme Sat 24-Dec-16 10:17:50

Mum boots are like the bogey man. They're not real - it's just a phrase used to try and scare us.

I still like those boots but they're no use if they're not comfy.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now