Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Masculine jeans for a womanly figure.

(10 Posts)
HardcoreLadyType Wed 21-Dec-16 09:52:31

Can anyone help me?

DD is 15, and dresses in quite a masculine style, so jeans and a t shirt, or a flannel shirt. Smart clothes tend to be chinos and a smart shirt, with a waistcoat, perhaps.

Tops are not a problem - men's tshirts and shirts are usually fine. However, men's jeans are not, as they tend to be made for people with a small arse, and she has a large, womanly arse! She is around a women's size 12, or men's "medium", and is not overweight, but is quite "solid".

Does anyone have suggestions for suitable jeans? She has three pairs all the same of Gap women's straight leg jeans in a 30" waist, but I wondered if anyone could suggest anything else.

Clankboing Wed 21-Dec-16 09:58:53

It might be too old fashioned for her, but I sometimes wear my dh's M&S jeans. I'm similar size to your daughter.

HardcoreLadyType Wed 21-Dec-16 10:14:56

Thank you - I'll have a look.

FrizzBombDelight Wed 21-Dec-16 10:56:36

What about the "boyfriend fit" jeans that seem to be everywhere at the minute?

HardcoreLadyType Wed 21-Dec-16 10:59:49

I'll have a look. I know I have a pair of these she wears sometimes.

JennyHolzersGhost Wed 21-Dec-16 11:03:12

I have a similar figure and I also wear Gap skinny and straight leg jeans. They also do some boyfriend cut and girlfriend cut ones which I find nice and loose without being flappy or bootcut.

Lemond1fficult Wed 21-Dec-16 12:07:16

I'm a masculine/androgynous dresser with a 36-26-38 figure. Cheap Monday 'boyfriend fit' jeans are literally the only ones that skim my big bum, legs and sit on my hips without making me look dumpy. They usually do up to 70% in their winter sale, so my last pair were about £15.

HardcoreLadyType Wed 21-Dec-16 12:26:01

Thank you, Jenny and Lemon.

The Cheap Monday ones sound promising. I like a lot of their things, and its a "cool" brand, so that's a plus for her.

botemp Wed 21-Dec-16 12:31:57

Try Weekday too OP (also available from ASOS), it's a sister brand to Cheap Monday that caters to men and women with a lot of unisex/androgynous fits. All organic denim at reasonable prices. The Way and Ami fit are a few I can think of but they have a few more I'm sure.

MsUnderstanding Wed 21-Dec-16 16:27:44

M&S relaxed slim are a similar shape to Levi's 501s. I wasn't sure at first but my Beyoncé arse and thighs are happy grin www.marksandspencer.com/cotton-rich-tapered-leg-jeans/p/p22468912?prevPage=plp

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now