Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Skin care for an 11 year old

(11 Posts)
WelshMoth Wed 21-Dec-16 08:55:45

DD is getting spotty around her chin and nose - little red ones that occasionally get lumpy and little whiteheads. In wary of chemicals in facial washes so am reluctant to buy anything like that.

Any suggestions?

theaveragewife Wed 21-Dec-16 09:00:38

My dd also has this, we've been to see a dermatologist who suggested using neutrogena visibly clear pink face wash, or eucerin, with a eucerin scrub once a week. This is because these washes have salyclic acid in them and this clears the pores and stops the whiteheads from forming.

However, we have had some successes with kaolin masks, you can get these from lush and they are all natural - they seem to calm and take the oil and redness out of the skin.

Itsautumn Wed 21-Dec-16 09:04:58

Green People's OY range is really good. Free from Parabens etc

SpuriouserAndSpuriouser Wed 21-Dec-16 09:05:44

Green people do a range of skincare products that are organic and don't contain any perfume etc. Would something like that be suitable?

SpuriouserAndSpuriouser Wed 21-Dec-16 09:07:22

Sorry, cross posted there!

SnorkelParka Wed 21-Dec-16 09:19:00

I took some advice from a poster on here who had a lot of info and research and recommended using the 'daily facial' face cloths from Olay, plus a visibly clear face wash (the one with the green stipe around it), and the visibly clear oil free moisturiser.

violetgrey Wed 21-Dec-16 23:09:55

The Amie range is specifically designed for young skin and does not contain strong chemicals. You can buy it in Superdrug or Waitrose. I would try to get your daughter into a routine of cleaning her face and moisturising and keep it simple and gentle.

Morning - cleaning with miscellar water
Moisturise with hydrating moisturiser
Evening - clean with a face wash
1 x week apply a deep cleansing mask

Also this range is aimed at young skin and has good ingredients.

www.goodthingsbeauty.com/superfruits.php

bunnybleu Wed 21-Dec-16 23:23:50

I second the Amie skin range, I recommended it on a similar thread yesterday. Morning Fresh face wash, micellar water for taking any make up off and one of the two moisturisers. They do a spot gel too and a face mask. Waitrose sell it or you can buy it from their website. Made for young skin (but my ahem, 40s skin loves it too!)

Craycr4y Thu 22-Dec-16 11:55:06

This is a very gentle range and I wouldn't hesitate in using it on my children's skin if required:

www.neostrata.com/category/neostrata+brand/shop+products/restore.do

ChestnutsRoastingOnAnOpenFire Thu 22-Dec-16 15:40:46

DD uses Benefit cleansers which works well. She uses their boo boo zap for the odd pimple- it shrinks them very quickly but isn't drying.

WelshMoth Fri 23-Dec-16 08:37:50

Thanks everyone .

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now