Talk

Advanced search

What do you think of these Damask tiles?

(16 Posts)
SamKro Tue 20-Dec-16 23:08:12

For my bathroom obviously... Have similar bath, would go for pale grey walls... Is it too Lawrence Llewelyn Bowen?

SamKro Tue 20-Dec-16 23:08:47

Picture would help!

SamKro Wed 21-Dec-16 08:48:33

Anyone?

Lilmisskittykat Wed 21-Dec-16 08:51:10

I really like them, tasteful and timeless

SamKro Wed 21-Dec-16 11:45:39

Thank you!

Theconifers25 Wed 21-Dec-16 11:52:00

I would disagree that they're timeless. I think the pattern has come from the fashion about 7-8 when damask flocked wallpaper was very much the fashion. I think they look dated and this will only worsen with time.
Do you love them though op? That's the main thing.

Theconifers25 Wed 21-Dec-16 11:52:32

That's 7-8 years ago.

bakewelltarte Wed 21-Dec-16 13:26:56

I don't think they are timeless and if you are not sure about them then I would chose something else but if you love them then I would go for it!

Lilmisskittykat Wed 21-Dec-16 13:43:10

Out voted though I thought your photo looked nice .. confused guess world would be boring if all thought the same.

1horatio Wed 21-Dec-16 14:45:15

I personally wouldn't choose them.

But they certainly aren't terrible. So, if you like them...

Loyly Wed 21-Dec-16 14:50:09

I don't like them. They're quiet dated and insipid. Sorry OP.

SamKro Wed 21-Dec-16 22:56:33

Please make some suggestions, what tiles do you have conifers, loyly, bakewelltarte and Horatian?

I like them but in a small dose. In a large bathroom I reckon they'd look lovely in a two tiles deep area, surrounded by the other tiles, with a chunky white shelf along the bottom of them -painted green underneath with lights built in.

Would need the right bathroom to work though!

1horatio Thu 22-Dec-16 06:20:52

*Sam

I like black and white tiles. And greenish ones. Or just white ones.

However, it is ultimately just a bathroom.

treaclesoda Thu 22-Dec-16 06:27:15

I actually like them. But I'm also very fickle and I suspect that in two years time I'd probably hate them if I put them in my bathroom now.

My suggestion is to go for it if either 1) you're sure you'll still like them in a few years (it's your bathroom and it doesn't matter if it's fashionable or not, just that you like it) or 2) you can afford to replace them if you get bored of them.

Canyousewcushions Thu 22-Dec-16 08:29:07

I think it depends- if they have a lustre type finish then i agree they would probably look dated- I'd have said 90's. If they are matt then they'd be very 'now' and very lovely- I'd fancy them in mine, too!

However i also agree that they are probably not timeless- plain white is the most timeless option for a bathroom but even then there are changes in fashion with tile sizes and finishes.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now