Talk

Advanced search

Wedding Dress - what do you think?

(30 Posts)
PrivatePike Tue 20-Dec-16 15:47:31

Sorry, I've already posted a similar thread in Chat a few days ago, but I was advised to head over to Style and Beauty so here I am.
I have stumbled across Minna Bridal and really love some of the dresses. I desperately don't want a strapless dress - would love something with sleeves! I'm a size 8-10, 5'4 or thereabouts, and have red hair and pasty skin...
Basically, I feel quite anxious about the wedding dress thing.

PrivatePike Tue 20-Dec-16 15:48:55

Flip! I have managed to post this in TELLY ADDICTS of all places - so sorry all, have reported

EnidButton Tue 20-Dec-16 15:52:46

I think it's beautiful!

And you're not pasty, you're either pale or porcelain wink

EnidButton Tue 20-Dec-16 15:53:25

Oh sorry, is that the dress you love or are you still looking?

PrivatePike Tue 20-Dec-16 15:55:45

Wow, that was impressively quick from MN! Thanks grin

I like that one...but I feel there might perhaps be one I love more

I love that dress. Mine was a very similar shape but was sleeveless rather than strapless and mil knitted me a Cardigan so I didn't have bare arms when I wanted sleeves and could take it off in the evening when I was getting too warm.

PrivatePike Tue 20-Dec-16 15:57:53

Thanks Enid!
I also wondered if anyone had worn separates - 'bridal' skirt and top sort of thing

SILfoundmyusername Tue 20-Dec-16 15:58:25

Beautiful dress, I'd go for something similar to this if I got married again. Sounds like it would suit you to a tee.

PrivatePike Tue 20-Dec-16 15:59:31

Part of me thinks it's a bit too plain?

brokenshoes Tue 20-Dec-16 16:46:57

I think that is a beautiful dress.

EnidButton Tue 20-Dec-16 16:49:19

I don't think it's plain at all. It's classy and you don't want a dress that wears you if you see what I mean. With your gorgeous colouring and size you don't want to go the other way and have a dress that drowns you out.

Have you any others that you've seen and like?

I know it's always suggested but do you have Pinterest? If you start a dress board and save a load you like to it you can get a better understanding of what look you're going for.

What kind of wedding is it? (Big, small, church, barn, city...?) Which season?

Rioja123 Tue 20-Dec-16 16:50:03

Just to say that straps and sleeves can be added to any strapless dress, so don't rule them out.

EnidButton Tue 20-Dec-16 16:50:30

and sometimes if you go into a physical shop and try some on you get a better idea of what you want. I thought I wanted the opposite to the dress I ended up loving and buying.

BreakfastAtSquiffanys Tue 20-Dec-16 16:54:12

Some lovely dresses on that site but not sure if it's the cut, but they all look too big on the model. Your picture one is very pretty

fuzzyllama Tue 20-Dec-16 17:00:47

Erm op are you me ? Because you have describe yourself exactly the same as me and my wedding dress is very similar to the one pictured grin

Lovely dress, go for it !

LumelaMme Tue 20-Dec-16 17:31:23

That dress looks lovely!

burnishedsilver Tue 20-Dec-16 17:40:30

Love the dress. Also love the idea of separates. Trust your instincts.

Tinkletwinkle Tue 20-Dec-16 17:51:04

Love that dress. Only one thought that may or may not be relevant is if you are well blessed in the boobage department, is that neckline the most flattering? It's really lovely though, and as someone not terribly well endowed I'd definitely try it on.

user1475253854 Tue 20-Dec-16 18:00:32

Have you watched the blogger lily pebbles? She wore separates (I think) and it looked really nice. She has blogged/vlogged about what she went for.

PollyPerky Tue 20-Dec-16 18:03:17

Going against the grain here...I don't especially like the one you've posted. I don't think they look very flattering on the models- they look quite droopy. I can see the 'look' the designers are creating - a kind of wafty, pre-Raphaelite look but they may look too much like nighties.

sn0wne Tue 20-Dec-16 18:21:49

I got my dress made by a lovely lady on Etsy. I wanted full lace sleeves so went for this one. Was about 500 quid including one live fitting and a couple over Skype. I got loads of compliments - it was very 'me' (I'm not a blingy, girly sort at all).

bunnybleu Tue 20-Dec-16 18:25:39

I love the dress in the OP.

I wore a skirt and bodice, plus a detachable train. Having originally thought I wouldn't wear a 'skirt and a top' it was actually really comfortable and less 'heavy' than a proper dress. And I got three looks out of it....,long train, hooked up train and without a train at all when I hit the dance floor!

EnidButton Tue 20-Dec-16 18:44:40

Snow I know I can't see your heads but I love that doorstep photo! Your shoes, the cobbles, all gorgeous. ❤

EnidButton Tue 20-Dec-16 18:44:53

And your dress obviously. smile

sooperdooper Tue 20-Dec-16 21:20:20

Love the dress and I completely understand not wanting a strapless dress, I utterly hated trapesing round wedding dress shops full of dull identikit strapless dresses and think that one looks lovely smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now