Talk

Advanced search

Skincare for teenage skin

(11 Posts)
Dancergirl Tue 20-Dec-16 15:02:29

Dd is nearly 14, has a few spots but her skin is also a bit dry and sensitive on her cheeks.

At the moment she only uses Micellar water for cleansing. I'd like to get her some gentle products including a light moisturiser.

What brands would you recommend? I did ask in Boots but they pointed me in the direction of a very expensive brand!

jaws5 Tue 20-Dec-16 15:54:47

I buy La Roche Posay or Avene for my DD, same age, they have some specific products for young, hormonal skin, that won't irritate or burn like Clearasil-type products will.

Dancergirl Tue 20-Dec-16 16:07:08

I looked at La Roche Posay in Boots, it's beyond my budget I'm afraid.

RemusLupinsChristmasMovie Tue 20-Dec-16 16:10:03

Cetaphil - it's not super-cheap but the bottle is huge and lasts for absolutely ages.

Dulcimena Tue 20-Dec-16 16:17:44

What is your rough budget, OP?

bunnybleu Tue 20-Dec-16 16:39:21

Amie, you can buy it in Waitrose or direct from the website. Very gentle and was designed for young skin. The Morning Fresh face wash is lovely (I use it), they do a rose micellar water and have two moisturisers.

OCSockOrphanage Tue 20-Dec-16 16:43:24

Sam Farmer is specifically for young skin, and a bit less expensive than LRP. Either direct from the website or, I think, Waitrose.

Dulcimena Tue 20-Dec-16 16:52:23

Ok, I've just been looking on the Boots website and this is what I'd get her:
Face wash - non-foaming and therefore less drying. I know it looks expensive but you use such a teeny amount it will last months. If she's got dry patches this will definitely avoid drying it out any more.

This alternative face wash is a bit cheaper and looks good too. That whole range is designed for young skin so is probably worth a look and she may prefer the packaging etc.

This moisturiser looks ok (the Botanics range is generally decent) and I don't think would be too heavy for her. V good price too.

That said, she probably has fabulously resilient skin and would be fine with a tub of Astral (£1 from Superdrug, apparently).

Dancergirl Tue 20-Dec-16 21:27:50

Thanks, the Amie range looks good and also the Botanics moisturiser. Might even try that one myself!

violetgrey Wed 21-Dec-16 23:22:43

I second Amie and the French pharmacy brands. If you find the French brands expensive, maybe you could sign up to Escentuals website newsletter. They have 30% off all French pharmacy skincare promotions every few months. That's when I stock up on my skincare.:-)
Also this range looks good, has good ingredients and is available in Superdrug.
www.goodthingsbeauty.com/superfruits.php

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Wed 21-Dec-16 23:27:59

Ds uses Amie,it's very good.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now