Talk

Advanced search

Washing <ahem> stinky uggs

(7 Posts)
DublinBlowIn Mon 19-Dec-16 09:45:33

Do I bung them in the machine or not?!

And if so how hot?

They're a bit whiffy as I wear them to walk into walk with my opaques....

SilentlyScreamingAgain Mon 19-Dec-16 11:48:03

There was a thread about this a couple of weeks ago. As I remember, it seemed that the lighter ones washed well but the dark ones not so much.

This thread isn't from a few weeks ago but it came up first in the search:

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/style_and_beauty/811692-Can-you-wash-ugg-boots

aniceearlynight Mon 19-Dec-16 20:19:28

You can buy a special Sheepkin boot wash from Celtic Sheepskin - cost about £10. My chestnut uggs came up beautifully.

aniceearlynight Mon 19-Dec-16 20:20:10

Wash them on a v cool wool wash.

AndNoneForGretchenWieners Mon 19-Dec-16 20:22:07

I have fake uggs and they wash really well.on a 30 wash. No idea if the genuine ones would last the distance though.

Mouthfulofquiz Mon 19-Dec-16 20:43:43

Or just do what my mum did recently which is accidentally put one of my lovely grey ugg boots in the tumble drier with some blankets. It's come out half the size of the other one. 😩😩😩😩
I'm very sad about it!

ProbablyMe Mon 19-Dec-16 20:43:52

I've always washed mine. 30 degree wash, not too much powder, put a couple of towels in with them. Stuff with newspaper to keep the shape while they dry, don't put too close to heat while they're drying, when they're dry, rub them all over with a two pence piece to bring the nap back up again. Spray with suede waterproofing spray after if you wish.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now