Talk

Advanced search

Cheap bridesmaid dresses

(16 Posts)
pandarific Sun 18-Dec-16 19:09:59

I'm getting married in May, and have three bridesmaids, two of whom are 5 foot 8 or 9 and a 10 or 12 with a B cup, and one who is 5 foot five a size 8 and an E or F cup and who has already rejected the one shoulder purple-grey one as not being structured enough.

I'll be wearing something like the 20's style gown pics here, so quite retro - please help? I am a bit stressed about money and need these as cheap as possible, so say... 25 quid maximum? Has anyone seen anything that could work in a sale or clearance?

InterchangeableEmma Sun 18-Dec-16 19:56:47

30 quid so slightly over budget but there is a slightly retro feel going on and the cut should suit both women. Aslo in dark navy.

beaded and almost in budget but off the mark I fear

this presents all sorts of bra difficulties but it's good (ignoring the shoes they've put with it.

SantasPantsalive Mon 19-Dec-16 12:52:32

Ebay chiffon?

HelloYellowMellow Mon 19-Dec-16 12:55:47

Sorry this isn't helpful but where is that wedding dress from? shock

SantasPantsalive Mon 19-Dec-16 13:03:51

ASOS chiffon and lace

ArnoldJRimmer Mon 19-Dec-16 14:29:15

We booked our wedding 6 months before the big day so we had to stick to a tight budget and got our bridesmaid dresses from myeveningdress.co.uk (sorry, don't know how to do that fancy way to link blush) quality and fit were great although there is a lot of tat on it to sift through to find the good stuff but I'm sure our dresses were less than £30 each.

Kel1234 Mon 19-Dec-16 14:32:10

Quiz clothing do some lovely dresses. I got my bridesmaid dress from there for my mums wedding to my stepdad. Also I got my bridesmaids dress (I only wanted 1) from there when I got married. A full length maxi dress is around £70 I believe. And tbh are nice.

hellsbellsmelons Mon 19-Dec-16 16:17:44

I got this for our 20's themed work do in blue.
Really flattering.
EBAY

LadyPenelopeCantDance Mon 19-Dec-16 16:21:25

Have a look at The Dainty Yard on Etsy. They are in budget, fabulous for the price and the styles suit all shapes.

aforestgrewandgrew Mon 19-Dec-16 16:24:36

This is lovely Asos maxi dress

Bit over budget but still a great price IMO.

Bananabreadordead Mon 19-Dec-16 16:33:01

lindybop is your best friend. Cheap as chips but ace quality and lovely vintage designs smile

www.lindybop.co.uk/

hellsbells99 Mon 19-Dec-16 16:33:46

Try Asos and Boohoo.

CakeThat Mon 19-Dec-16 20:13:44

Chi Chi do some lovely retro style dresses, they are usually about £70+ but you sometimes get half price offers.

InterchangeableEmma Mon 19-Dec-16 21:47:21

yy there are a lot of cheap 50s dresses about. I thought the OP was after more of an allusion to the 10s/20s/30s

aforestgrewandgrew Mon 19-Dec-16 22:33:09

How about this? Champagne sequin dress

Or this Asos Mesh & Chiffon
Or this

aforestgrewandgrew Mon 19-Dec-16 22:40:55

Oh - hold on. Ignore that Champagne sequin dress above! That website has some amazingly cheap dresses on it - like under a tenner.

I got excited for a minute there and thought I might do some shopping! But then I googled their reviews and there's a shit ton of complaints online from people saying the quality was so bad it wasn't like what they ordered, the sizing's wrong or the item's massively late and they don't reply to emails etc.

Probably best avoided!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now