Talk

Advanced search

I'm shite at beauty and make up, please help me for Xmas!

(6 Posts)
siscaza Sun 18-Dec-16 18:06:40

I'm forty and utterly lost my way with anything beauty related, I use to be really into it all but have no idea what to do or use these days fsad I am feeling fat, frumpy and forty!

Jaynesworld Sun 18-Dec-16 18:12:41

Depends what you want/need makeup, skincare? I quite like clarins for skincare and ysl for makeup

twostepsister Sun 18-Dec-16 19:30:26

Charlotte Tilbury counter in John Lewis is great for a fashionable look for all ages www.johnlewis.com/brand/charlotte-tilbury/gift-sets/_/N-1z0hzn9Z1z1396t each set has a video on how to apply the make up. Yes it is expensive but the packaging and quality are excellent

twostepsister Sun 18-Dec-16 19:53:57

Youtube have some great videos on how to apply makeup for different occasions.

siscaza Sun 18-Dec-16 20:25:05

I need skin care and make up, never thought to look at YouTube... I do use it for hair 'dos' as and when needed. Happy to go mid range for products.

MissWillaCather Sun 18-Dec-16 20:32:50

Dermalogica for skincare- find a place that does it and they'll let you have samples and give advice. The hydrablur stuff is excellent for disguising wrinkles and blemishes.

And Mac for foundation, cheapie stuff like MUA at Superdrug for powder, lipsticks and eye shadows.

And Rimmel for a cheap countouring kit: it's really good.

Get a set of Real Techniques Brushes and an egg sponge thing for applying the foundation.

Oh, and Eyeko for mascara, stays on, no panda eyes.

And get your brows tinted and shaped and use a product like wunderbrow on them, really helps looked groomed and More youthful.

And obviously great hair, maybe think about a colour or style change..?

Have fun!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now