Talk

Advanced search

Is Botox the only answer for forehead creases?

(38 Posts)
Uhohmummy Sun 18-Dec-16 17:52:24

I am in my mid thirties and already have marked lines all across my forehead. It's affecting my confidence and I feel depressed every time I look in the mirror. I know lifestyle is probaby a big factor - I have two small DCs, work long hours, no time to eat properly or exercise, have a DH who's away a lot and no family help. DH has made it clear that he would be really unhappy if I had Botox, but is there anything else I can do to help the appearance of the lines? Facials or other treatments, or good products to use?
Other than the lines my skin is ok but quite dull looking.
Please help.

Softkitty2 Sun 18-Dec-16 18:04:57

A peel followed by microdermabrasion? See a dermatologist then maintain with a good skin care regimen

MiniCooperLover Sun 18-Dec-16 18:40:47

What is your skin care routine? Everyone has 5 minutes to do a few products and that can make all the difference. Also lots and lots of water.

Truckingalong Sun 18-Dec-16 18:46:04

What's it got to do with him? It's not his face. Have it anyway. Baby Botox. He won't notice if you do it gradually.

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Sun 18-Dec-16 18:49:24

A fringe?

Uhohmummy Sun 18-Dec-16 19:20:50

Yes I was thinking a fringe! I have a square face though so it would look awful.
Trucking - I wouldn't normally care what he thinks about beauty things but he is very against surgery on principle and I would feel bad going behind his back when he has made this clear. Saying that I'll still look into baby Botox.
And MiniCooper - I have a good skincare routine but the lines are still there. I'm looking for recommendations for specific products or treatments that will help. But yes agree I can and should drink more water.

Uhohmummy Sun 18-Dec-16 19:21:18

Forgot to say thanks for the replies!

InterchangeableEmma Sun 18-Dec-16 19:32:57

When did you last have your eyes tested? It's really not unusual to need a light prescription after DC. Not correcting vision leads to loads of frowning, I think my 11s reduced by at least 50% after I got glasses. In any case, working hard not to frown, however laughable that sounds, will make a big difference.

Is your skin quite dry? It sounds dehydrated from your description - Eucerin replenishing cream is amazingly hydrating and not at all pricey.

OCSockOrphanage Sun 18-Dec-16 19:35:59

If it's upsetting you, I think you should go ahead and keep schtumm. You work so you don't have to have it show up on the family bank account. Research carefully, go to a highly rated therapist and say, very firmly, that you want to look as if you've been on holiday and sleep well. It can wipe the worry off your face, on the outside. Promise you, it is unlikely he will even notice if you go easy.

OCSockOrphanage Sun 18-Dec-16 19:38:06

I promise, I do advocate being truthful in relationships otherwise, but Botox seems to enrage men irrationally.

Uhohmummy Sun 18-Dec-16 20:24:17

Thanks - I was hoping for a miracle cure but sounds like I need to go for Botox to make a difference. Any recommendations in London?

InterchangeableEmma Sun 18-Dec-16 20:29:10

If you want botox just get botox. But, do get your eyes tested too, if you haven't recently.

Uhohmummy Sun 18-Dec-16 20:32:38

Oh yes sorry forgot to say I did have my eyes tested recently and they're fine but I do notice myself frowning a lot so have tried to be aware of that and stop when I catch myself doing it.

YouHadMeAtCake Sun 18-Dec-16 20:34:54

I can thoroughly recommend Botox. I've been having it for a few years and I'm don't look at all" frozen " but I do have a very smooth forehead and eye area where I didn't before. It's the best feeling to get rid of the lines. You'll love it if they make you feel bad.

Ilovemygsd Sun 18-Dec-16 20:40:08

Try elemis pro collegen balm and marine cream, makes a massive difference to my smoking wrinkles

Uhohmummy Sun 18-Dec-16 21:05:40

Thank you. Youhadme - are you in London? If so where do you go? And would you mind saying how much roughly you pay and how often?

rhodes2015 Sun 18-Dec-16 21:17:14

I had Botox for my wedding as I got married in hot country and didn't want to be pulling my "sun face" on all of my photos (scruched up forehead when sun is in my eyes)
I really liked it! It lifts your eyebrows too and my face just feels relaxed!
Wanted to have it done again but dh wasn't happy ( think he was getting Botox mixed up with fillers though) so I just did it without telling him!
It's your face, I'd just do it x

Ohyesiam Sun 18-Dec-16 22:18:51

An acquaintance does face yoga, and has no wrinkles. Google it, I've been meaning to for years, but it might be to late....

Honeyandfizz Sun 18-Dec-16 22:23:12

I had Botox done on my forehead for the first time 3 weeks ago and WOW what a difference. I've had my crows feet done before but have got a really awful frowning forehead even when I wasn't frowning. I have tried various skin regimes but they didn't take the lines away. Honestly sod your husband just go for it!

Ohyesiam Sun 18-Dec-16 22:25:28

Friend does face yoga, she looks amazing, Google it.

DragonNoodleCake Sun 18-Dec-16 23:30:12

I've had Botox and the only people that know are the people I've told. If you get a very good therapist- no one should be able to tell.

Needs a discussion with DH though as to why he is against it.
Mine said, your money, your face, bet you just look a bit younger and even lovelier.

Helloooooitsme Mon 19-Dec-16 08:34:39

I bet he wouldn't even notice if you got it done.

DragonRojo Mon 19-Dec-16 11:33:45

If done properly, here wouldn't notice. I have been having botox for about 10! Years and I have never mentioned it to anyone who was not genuinely surprised. It really is not obvious if done in small doses. Destination skin in London has good doctors

SecretTryer Mon 19-Dec-16 12:40:06

You are really unhappy when you look in the mirror. He said he would be really unhappy if you got botox.
If your unhappiness is every single day with frequent reminders, that beats his unhappiness.

DavidPuddy Mon 19-Dec-16 16:03:20

I second drinking lots of water. It has an amazing impact on your complexion. It won't get rid of the linea, but it will help boost your confidence and you will deel better in many small ways you didn't even realise you needed too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now