Talk

Advanced search

How do you wear your dr martens floras?

(12 Posts)
keeponkeepinon Sun 18-Dec-16 12:36:02

Tucked in, rolled up jeans or over the top? I put my skinnies over the top of the tan ones but I am not sure about the burgundy, the opening seems wider and so my skinnies stretch out wider and it looks weird. But then I can't get the rolled up way to look right either! These may be going back!

burnishedsilver Sun 18-Dec-16 12:58:23

I wear them like this (this isn't me).

keeponkeepinon Thu 22-Dec-16 16:49:36

Would you wear them for a night out?

1horatio Thu 22-Dec-16 20:02:24

Mine are grey...

Either with skirts or skinnies. A bit like this (although these women obviously look much better than I do...)

To go out...? Well, if DH and I simply go to some friends, a concert or maybe a relaxed brunch? Yes.

I guess it depends on where you're going...?

BumWad Thu 22-Dec-16 20:05:26

Thanks for this thread!

I'm about to purchase a pair of the cherry red ones which I LOVE but I tried them on in a shop and they seemed to really shorten my legs sad I tried them on with leggings, I'm 5'3. Anybody else have his problem?

1horatio Thu 22-Dec-16 20:07:57

I'm 169 cm, which is around 5'6.5'' according to google ;)

When I wear my grey ones with grey high waisted jeans I get really long legs.

Or a high waisted skirt (is that a skater skirt? Idk) seems to work very well.

Lucked Thu 22-Dec-16 20:11:30

Mine are similar (the DM Theresa jodhpurs ) and I wear them mostly like the first picture. I have a few pairs of speckled chunkier socks and I simetimes wear them visible above the boot over skinnies. They work well with jumper dresses and loose dresses (cos like) with opaque socks.

1horatio Thu 22-Dec-16 20:15:29

I also like wearing mine with babydoll dresses and opaques (or without tights when it's warmer)l

It gives me the appearance of longer legs and was very comfortable when I was pregnant... I think that could work really well for a shorter person?

keeponkeepinon Fri 23-Dec-16 06:19:53

I feel like my legs are too short to wear them with a skirt too. They just cut off at the wrong point. I think I would only be able to wear them with jeans. I'm wondering whether they are versatile enough for my wardrobe, though they will be warm, dry and comfortable...

doctorboo Fri 23-Dec-16 07:00:41

I was doing jeans over the top, thick tights or leggings with mine, but they've have been pretty much languishing in my shoe box blush

I'm going through a fashion and weight and looks crisis and feel my cankles are mega hightlighted in my floras - a sign I need to walk more.

doctorboo Fri 23-Dec-16 07:04:07

I want to do dresses and boots like in the pics but don't know how to make it work with tan boots and dark tights.

keeponkeepinon Fri 23-Dec-16 09:26:41

I have tan ones and love them under jeans. Might try them with chunky socks. I love them so much I ordered some cherry ones as well. But not worn them yet. They are beautiful though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now