Talk

Advanced search

What is a nice t-shirt? (Men's)

(10 Posts)
ItsRainingDeer Sun 18-Dec-16 08:14:26

DH has just complained he doesn't have any more nice t-shirts. I never thought his t-shirts were particularly nice anyway, but never mind. He usually wears just a plain basic, solid colour, Tshirt in dark green, grey or dark blue, most are supermarket ones and starting to lose their shape.
What is a nice, not too expensive but decent quality tshirt?

ihatethecold Sun 18-Dec-16 08:19:06

Boden plain t shirts are very good quality.
My DH usually gets bought one when I get a £10 off voucher from Boden.
They wash and wear very well.

Starman16 Sun 18-Dec-16 08:25:13

m.johnlewis.com/kin-by-john-lewis-pocket-t-shirt/p/3077213

Kin by John Lewis basic t shirts are lovely quality and wash well

My dp has lots of these. The quality is excellent and they are often buy one get one half price. Practically the only thing we ever go into Debenhams for!

Dulcimena Sun 18-Dec-16 12:48:08

Muji, or Uniqlo's supima cotton ones. Wash well, last forever, good fabrics (muji are thicker but still t shirt material iykwim), keep their shape. And not insanely expensive.

BambooWhoosh Sun 18-Dec-16 13:39:41

I've bought Super Ts in the past from Lands' End. The quality has been really good. However I've just looked at the latest reviews and some people are saying that they are not as good as they used to be, so now I'm not so sure.

landsend.co.uk have 40% deal running today.

Good quality t-shirts do seem hard to find. How about somewhere like Gap?

Kazplus2 Sun 18-Dec-16 14:37:54

Bit more info - how old is he? Does he appreciate labels etc?

Superdry ones are surprisingly good quality too.

ItsRainingDeer Sun 18-Dec-16 19:51:07

Thank you for the suggestions. kaz he's early 40's, tall, hint of a belly! He had a couple from esprit once but they were a bit too short and looked really odd on him. He doesn't really wear labels, all his tshirts at the moment are supermarket ones. He wears them to work, casual office, under a jumper or rugby shirt. In the summer he tends to wear polo shirts.

twostepsister Sun 18-Dec-16 19:57:41

Superdry are fantastic quality and they have great discounts. My teenage son bought a few a couple of years ago and they never loose their shape or fade in colour.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now