Talk

Advanced search

Long lasting, moisturising lipstick

(5 Posts)
Dizzywizz Sun 18-Dec-16 05:55:09

I've decided to try lipstick rather than gloss, as I had a Benefit one in my drawer and loved the stronger, and more matt look. Trouble is, it didn't last long and felt drying.

I know there is another lipstick thread, but I wanted specifically moisturising (have dry lips) and want it long lasting (without Lip Cote - still remember the dry sting!)

Any ideas? Don't want to spend more than say Clinique price, but preferably cheaper!

violetbunny Sun 18-Dec-16 07:03:12

Matte lipsticks can be quite drying. If they don't have to be matte then try Nars Audacious lipstick or the Estée Lauder Pure Colour Envy Sculpting lipsticks. Both are highly pigmented, last well, and beautiful rich colours. They also feel great on. I own a lot of lipsticks and these are my favourites by far.

Chottie Sun 18-Dec-16 07:04:37

Clinique lip butter lipsticks are very moisturising.

FrustratedFrugal Sun 18-Dec-16 07:58:11

I've found excellent lipsticks for very little money at Kiko (their Velvet Passion Matte and Intensely Lavish ranges) and Yves Rocher (their Grand Rouges).

In the world of lipsticks, 'moisturizing' and 'longlasting' are usually not found in the same product. I have a lot of lipsticks. Those that are a true pleasure to wear need a touchup after lunch and dinner. My very longlasting and matte lipsticks tend to feel a bit leathery and tight after a few hours - while the colors are pretty, I can feel them and they do not feel as great.

I wore Yves Rocher Grand Rouge Rouge Vif (a neutral intense bright red) to dinner last night. It looked great and lasted through pizza and a beer. (It faded a little bit throughout but not that typical ugly red lipstick fade.)

Maybe this will help you:

Comfortable to wear, good wearing time:
Yves Rocher Grand Rouge, Kiko Intensely Lavish, Chanel Rouge Allure Velvet

Nice, balanced lipsticks:
Nars (the regular range), Chanel Coco Rouge, Kiko Velvet Passion Matte, Max Factor, Revlon Moisturestay, Artdeco

Superb wearing time, a tad drying:
Nars Audacious, NYX Matte, Kiko Unlimited Stylo

Feels like lip balm but fleeting:
Chanel Coco Rouge Shine

Dizzywizz Sun 18-Dec-16 09:58:11

Ok, some to try thank you! Do I need any prep? Lip liners, foundation on lips before, set with powder? (Hazy memories of tips from teenage years!!)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now