Talk

Advanced search

Lost weight. Need new jeans. What style though?

(13 Posts)
LetMeFindAFucktoGive Sat 17-Dec-16 22:01:37

As title really. Lost over a stone. Muffin top a thing of the past.
My next relaxed skinnies are now ridiculously baggy (think handfuls of denim around the thigh)

Now a neat size 10 (probably about a -74 in vanity sizing grin) Slim hips. Bum OK. I have wide shoulders though so never totally comfortable in any pairs of really skinny jeans I have owned as I feel all out of proportion/like a lollipop. Have liked the relaxed skinnies more. And boyfriend jeans - but more a summer jean for me.

So what style should I be on the hunt for? Still skinnies? Just "slim/straight" cut? Not bootcut surely? Tend to wear with v-necks and vests.

Pleas advise...

whowouldknow Sat 17-Dec-16 22:17:49

Place marking! I have bootcut and I get the feeling I need to move in 😂

whowouldknow Sat 17-Dec-16 22:18:48

On - move on grin

FunkinEll Sat 17-Dec-16 22:56:50

What shoes do you wear?

LetMeFindAFucktoGive Sat 17-Dec-16 22:59:58

Vans to be honest at the moment - as the slouchy, too big for me skinnies are not inspiring me to go boot shopping....

BagelGoesWalking Sat 17-Dec-16 23:18:37

I like straight jeans now, have never liked skinnies (same reason as you, LetMe).

I like straight jeans from Sainsbury's, really nice length and fit, so cheap at £14.

Seriously though, why do people like skinnies so much? I think they make pretty much everyone look like a sausage, emphasises any chunky bits, makes calves look big and bottom big, I don't get it. Explanations please!

whowouldknow Sun 18-Dec-16 08:24:52

Bagel- ok straight legs but how long?

whowouldknow Sun 18-Dec-16 08:25:54

I agree re the skinnies-I have big calves and I think my legs look like a cocktail sausage string!!

Floisme Sun 18-Dec-16 10:15:38

My favourite jeans at the moment are skinnies from around 10 years ago: narrow in the leg but not stuffed full of lycra. I dug them out last summer and wore them cuffed - indistinguishable from girlfriends. Now I've just rolled them back down again. I may go round a few charity shops and stock up with some more although you have to look out for comedy low waistbands.

I should also admit to a liking for bootcuts and how they make my thighs just melt away. If I lived in California, I'd wear them a lot but they're useless in rainy UK.

BlueEyedWonder Sun 18-Dec-16 12:25:40

I like skinnies tucked into a heeled ankle boot or biker boot for this time of year.
I wear ankle length straight legs with brogues or trainers.
I have a pair of black "mom jeans" from Topshop which I like the cut of but not sure what footwear this time of year.
I've dug out a pair of skinny bootcuts from when I thought they were making a comeback a couple of years ago. They look good work with a chunky 70s style heel. There's no denying I look much thinner in these than the other styles!!

LetMeFindAFucktoGive Sun 18-Dec-16 20:33:46

Yes - agree bootcut always much more slimming than skinnies. However at 44 I dread looking too frumpy - so am wary of looking like I am still wearing an old trend - which is what I may look like in boot-cuts - rather than being so hip and trendy I am ahead of the pack grin

So do we think still skinnys (boo) for a bit longer...and are we more relaxed skinnies rather than sprayed on ones?

BagelGoesWalking Tue 20-Dec-16 18:18:38

whowouldknow I go for full length at this time of year, ankles get too cold! Worn with ankle boots.

LetMeFindAFucktoGive you'll have to go and try loads on...

CountFosco Tue 20-Dec-16 23:04:19

7/8 with a slight kick flare I'd say. Not great for this time of year and I've just bought a couple of pairs of jeans that are definitely skinnies but when I wear them with boots I roll them up. Or more practically what about girlfriend jeans?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now