Talk

Advanced search

Outfit for Christmas drinks at friend's house

(7 Posts)
dollyollymolly Sat 17-Dec-16 21:50:39

I had a Christmas do last night and felt really frumpy....

I've been invited to Christmas drinks at a friend's house next week and want to feel a bit more with it. I don't need to be super smart but want to look nice and a bit trendy. I'm 45.

What shall I wear? confused

EchoJuliet Sat 17-Dec-16 22:20:30

I'm 41 and I'd wear either my leather leggings and a slouchy top, heels and jewellery or a simple dress and ankle boots or skinny jeans with a Cami, jacket and heels. What did you wear that made you feel frumpy lovely? X

BlueEyedWonder Sat 17-Dec-16 22:22:37

Jeans, heels and a tasteful festive jumper?

Jeans, heels and silk blouse?

dollyollymolly Sat 17-Dec-16 22:37:55

Jeans, heels and slouchy top seems like the easiest option.

I wore a dress with a little cardigan thingy and heels. Was a bit of a party/disco/piss up. Not really old fashioned but probably more suitable for a black tie do/dinner dance.

I don't go out loads and realise I am a bit out of touch in the fashion stakes... confused

EchoJuliet Sun 18-Dec-16 07:59:48

Sure you looked lovely but it's horrid when you don't feel comfortable. Jeans heels and a top sounds perfect. And totally know what you mean about not going out! X

rollonthesummer Sun 18-Dec-16 17:28:26

Jeans, heels and a sparkly top with a couple of bits of pretty jewellery!

SinglePringle Sun 18-Dec-16 17:41:40

If it was purely 'round me mates for too much booze with the women I do this with' I'd wear jeans, heeled boots and a simple Cashmere jumper. I'd get a blow dry (do this frequently) and take time over my make up. Big hoops for jewellery.

If it was more of a 'do' with people I'd met a few times / didn't know I'd wear my dark burgundy leather leggings, burnished gold stilettos and a simple cream silk blouse (it's definitely a blouse not a shirt as it's not got any buttons. Got it years ago from Equipment). Same hair, make up and jewellery.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now