Talk

Advanced search

Permanent home hair dye- brunette recommendation please!

(6 Posts)
Trunkisareshite Sat 17-Dec-16 20:12:51

As the subject says what are people's favourite home hair dyes? I am a brunette but with a few greys, I've used a couple (Cheryl's face was on one if that helps) which I quite liked. Looking for something that leaves my hair shiny and doesn't fade too quickly.

Ideally from boots so I can either spend or earn points!

Thanks!

youvegottobekidding Sun 18-Dec-16 22:25:43

Clariol Nice N Easy Permanet range have the best choice of shades & leave your hair in the shiniest condition.

I've used Shwarzkopf Poly Colour Tint & have been impressed with the results and at only £2 from Sainsburys or Wilkinsons, it's a bargain, you don't get a conditioner so you just use your own. Natural brown & medium brown are both favourites of mine.

A top tip is when you've coloured your hair, don't shampoo it straight away, even if the instructions tell you to, just condition & rinse & try to leave it a couple of days before you shampoo so the colour can set in, at least that's what I've read to prolong your colour!

IvorHughJarrs Sun 18-Dec-16 22:28:00

I like Nice'N'Easy too. It always gives a good colour and lasts well

BoboBunnyH0p Mon 19-Dec-16 07:33:47

I like the poly colour tint, I too am brunette and have found the dark blonde to be the best for me, I've used natural brown and golden brown too, but felt they left my hair a little too dark. Dark blonde shade is a little harder to find but Home bargains usually have it.

HeyMacWey Mon 19-Dec-16 11:58:33

Try majirel. You can buy it online and mix with the peroxide.
The colour lasts really well and excellent coverage on greys.
You'd need it in a colour 6 for med/dark brown or 7 for light brown /dark blonde.

Kennington Mon 19-Dec-16 13:20:53

Clairol. And only the ash coloured ones.
They are better than L'Oréal in my opinion as you don't wind up with an odd red/purple colour when you just want brown.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now