Talk

Advanced search

Be honest - Could I get away with yellow?

(11 Posts)
Sophieontoastie Sat 17-Dec-16 20:09:39

Sorry about the image quality - really poor I know! But it does show my skin colour well

I want to wear a yellow pencil dress for a wedding in April. Will this suit?

I ask because bright red looks sickly on me... only colours I think I can get away with 100% are navy or purple

Any ideas? Thank you wine

Sophieontoastie Sat 17-Dec-16 20:11:53

Here's a picture of the dress smile

pinkieandperkie Sat 17-Dec-16 20:15:50

Honestly op I think you could wear a sack and still look beautiful. You are stunningsmile

SpangledBoots Sat 17-Dec-16 20:15:53

It looks lovely. I have similar colouring (bit paler) and suit yellow. That more pastel shade is even more flattering, I think.

MrsPear Sat 17-Dec-16 20:18:14

You will look great in yellow. My sil is very similar and looked fab at a wedding in yellow last year!

Sophieontoastie Sat 17-Dec-16 20:30:19

pinkie oh gosh, thank you blushflowers

Will buy it with confidence I think!

Got it with lots of money off because no one in their right minds is wearing that thin a material this season fgrin

NotTodaySatan Sat 17-Dec-16 20:32:36

Aren't you the same person who started a fishing How old do I look thread last week that promptly got deleted?

Sophieontoastie Sat 17-Dec-16 20:34:05

Nottoday was not me, promise

burnishedsilver Sat 17-Dec-16 20:52:59

I think you could probably wear anything and look fabulous but I doubt yellow is your best colour.

Rustythedog Sat 17-Dec-16 21:43:48

I think you could wear just about any colour especially bright colours and will look great. Buy and enjoy wearing it.

Sophieontoastie Sat 17-Dec-16 21:56:40

Thanks all flowers

I can't wear any colour! I'm of an athletic/toned build but bright red makes me look really bulky and just awful.

Dark red on the other hand suits me lovely.

I don't think anyone can wear any colour but I suppose you can manage to pull most things off

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now