Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

What do I wear to a spring wedding?

(34 Posts)
lornaloo Sun 18-Feb-07 20:02:45

Can anyone help me choose what to wear to spring wedding? I really don't know what to wear. Not sure whether to go for a nice dress with a jacket or a skirt and top....?? Any ideas help please
TIA

lornaloo Sun 18-Feb-07 20:03:18

Its dps cousins wedding btw not mine.

MrsBadger Tue 20-Feb-07 08:56:03

when in spring?
where is wedding? (draughty church / overheated hotel etc)
how formal is it?
what time of day?
what size/shape are you?
what kind of thing do you normally wear?
budget?

Very good recent wedding clothes thread here - the coral dress from Phase Eight with the orange mac from Principles would look fantastic for a March wedding with outdoors bits.

Tutter Tue 20-Feb-07 09:01:13

ah mrsbadge, you're getting an old hand at this now aren't you?

mallory would be proud

maybe there should be some pop-up questionnaire when someone starts a new thread in style - just so you get the basics

MrsBadger Tue 20-Feb-07 09:06:08

(might make it easier - am still at that thread where I went too fast, misread Granada as Grenada and had the poor girl dressed for a Caribbean beach wedding rather than an elegant Spanish evening do...)

paulaplumpbottom Tue 20-Feb-07 09:14:55

Try monsoon, they have some beautiful dresses and usually have little knit boleros or jackets to match.

lornaloo Thu 22-Feb-07 01:14:14

Hi Mrs Badger.
Thanks for reply .
Its in April the weddings in a church at 1pm but the party afters in a hotel. I'm a size 10 biggest on the hips.
Budget £100 - £150 with Shoes.
Had a look on monsoons website and saw a few nice dresses on there.

MrsBadger Thu 22-Feb-07 09:13:14

well, with your size and budget you're laughing
I'd seriously think about getting a dress / coat combo as whatever the weather does it won't be roasting and I think it's more original than a dress and jacket.

Try on a few different shape dresses - this kind of shape can be v flattering. They did have a cheaper one in green the same shape but it's disappeared off the website.

lornaloo Thu 22-Feb-07 12:00:30

Yes love the fit and easy to get a coat of a similar length and fit.
As for shoes I was thinking round toe and high.

newgirl Thu 22-Feb-07 12:19:22

i love that orange dress and mac combo

MrsBadger Thu 22-Feb-07 12:24:50

oh, have also been tipped off by Enid that Primark have a black and white printed cotton swing coat for the princely sum of 15GBP that would be ideal for a spring wedding - def worth a look and would be fab over a slinky all-black outfit for the evening.

lornaloo Fri 23-Feb-07 12:17:31

Thanks MB will defo have a little look in there.
They have some really nice navy and white bags in accessorize. Was thinking of wearing navy and white dress white shoes and navy bag. What do you reckon? Love this dress but unsure about the fit.

MrsBadger Fri 23-Feb-07 12:22:20

The dress is really pretty (try it on for fit, it's impossible to judge online) - but you'd def need something warm over it - Principles again perhaps? (and bang goes the budget...)

I'm afraid the thought of white shoes make me run an absolute mile - grey? dusty blue? even navy if they're cool and retro?

JackieNo Fri 23-Feb-07 12:27:09

How about these?

JackieNo Fri 23-Feb-07 12:29:47

Or some grey ones ?

lornaloo Fri 23-Feb-07 12:36:27

See I like these but not white you say. Maybe these then ?

lornaloo Fri 23-Feb-07 12:38:01

I like these too

JackieNo Fri 23-Feb-07 12:38:11

Have to say, I'm not keen on white, though those first ones you linked to look more neutral, which is better. Love the second ones.

lornaloo Fri 23-Feb-07 12:39:30

Hi Jackie. Yeh like the peep toes. Not sure about wearing grey with that dress though.

lornaloo Fri 23-Feb-07 12:40:28

I think I prefer the navy ones too.

JackieNo Fri 23-Feb-07 12:40:50

I'm not sure about grey either(though they were lovely shoes) - I suspect MrsBadger meant dark grey, rather than that rather lighter colour.

MrsBadger Fri 23-Feb-07 12:41:58

love those navy peeptoes Jackie!

agree the dress is a tough one for shoes - if it were summer strappy sandals would do it but they won't cut it for March.
Suede or fabric definitly better than leather though (spray 'em with Scothcguard in case it rains)

JackieNo Fri 23-Feb-07 12:42:42

I think peeptoe courts are a good compromise, though, summery feel without being too exposed, iykwim.

MrsBadger Fri 23-Feb-07 12:43:52

ooh now these are a luscious colour
may be too prissy though

JackieNo Fri 23-Feb-07 12:48:37

mmm - nice. How about these in the peat, if you're looking at Boden?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now