Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.
WWW's six week 10 year younger boot camp PROPER, week 1 - Feb half term to April
Hello, this is week 1 proper of a new 10yy six week boot camp. Anyone who did boot camp lite last week, as I did, may want to be very strict with themselves this week although I suppose it depends on when your half term is and whether you are working through it or away or something.
The rules are:
This is about feeling better about yourself...not necessarily a diet per se etc etc
- Sunscreen at all times. I know it's winter, there are still rays trying to damage your skin - No or little booze. Wine at the weekend is allowed if you want it - Walking is important, a small amount every day if possible. 30 mins if you can, I am booking out lunch hours where possible to do this - Lots of water, aim for 2 litres a day - Apply body cream as often as possible. I am doing my heels daily too as they're lizard like - Use hand cream - Go to bed early, by 10.30pm if pos - Eat healthily - Be happy
The idea is that at the end of six weeks we all feel happier, healthier and glow with the good food, sleep, exercise, water and lack of sun damage.
You don't have to report back every day but I almost certainly will as it motivates me thinking someone is watching me.
Am joining up as it is soon LENT and I took delivery of a scary "I'll tell you precisely how fat you are" exercise bike on Saturday afternoon.
Have so far booked out walking, sanded down heels and hand and body creamed.
I got a bus too batters, partly because I was running late after all that personal adornment!
Am I glad to see this back ("lite" version not good!!).
Day has started off reasonably although didn't walk children to school as we were running late owing to an awful night's sleep. Will walk the other two school runs later. Have also loked at a running website where they give you a programme to get into running (Walk 90 s, run 60 s sort of thing). Think I will do this in the gym and see how I get on.
Am on a mission to be more positive. I have come to realise in the last few weeks just what little self-confidence I have. So I am planning on doing a computer course and possibly A-level French. Looks more scary when it is written down.
Anyway.. will return to healthy food, always drink loads of water, booze will be very restricted and lotions and potions will be duly applied.
Just got back from a week away - too much alcohol, but food intake v healthy, plus water, sunblock and lots of swimming/walking. Felt less blobby than usual on holiday thanks to the last 6 weeks so I'm really looking forward to starting again tomorrow.I'm winding down tonight after fil's politically incorrect comments all holiday. Toe curling stuff.
Had a 5k ride on my new exercise bike last night and a brisk 20 min walk to work this morning. No gardening for me today, but have water and handcream to hand as I get cracking on energetically compiling a New Aquisitions Report
Go on swedishmum you know you want to - laughter burns calories and releases endorphins, you'd be doing us all a healthy favour
- Lots of British people wouldn't even come in here (Japanese restaurant) - it was terrible what they did to us in the war.
- I don't know why you want to work. Your job's staying at home caring for the children and it's dh's job to provide for you.
- Politicians spend £2000 a night of taxpayers' money on hotels. They should stay in a Travelodge.
- Polish lorry drivers are terrible - they haven't passed tests and their lorries aren't roadworthy and they can't reverse.
- The only Prime Minister I have any respect for is Margaret Thatcher - she didn't get us involved in wars like Tony Blair.
At one point we had to restrain him to stop him handing a written joke about sex maniacs always picking no. 3 to the very nice waitress. Dh pointed out it would be a sackable offence in most companies.
He gets all his facts from the Daily Mail. We did point out that there were more reliable sources...
I drove us back from the airport (dh went straight off to work on another plane ) and got home about 8 last night. Had a couple of drinks once I was all alone. Kids back at school today so I'm starting to be healthy again. Aerobic laundry for me this morning.