Talk

Advanced search

Please help me find some nice maternity clothes!

(15 Posts)
Birdlet Fri 16-Dec-16 22:45:11

Please help!

I'm 33+3 and in the next 5 weeks I've got Christmas & Boxing Day, mine and DH's birthdays and my baby shower. Been through my wardrobe today and all of my maternity clothes are casual!

Our plans for all the above are quite low key, family gatherings, possibly meals out for our birthdays, baby shower at a friend's house. I'd like to dress up a little bit though - I've had a bit of a rubbish pregnancy, especially the last few weeks, so would like to treat myself to a couple of new things to wear.

I've got maternity jeans, tights and leggings so looking for either tops or dresses. Currently wearing a size 16 in maternity wear although my boobs have grown A LOT in the last 6 months so I might get an 18.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! grin

Bubbinsmakesthree Fri 16-Dec-16 23:04:07

Have you looked at ASOS? They have an amazing range of maternity dresses.

How do you feel about patterns? They have some really great bold florals - I really like this one:

www.asos.com/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=7034485

This red dress is nice:

www.asos.com/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=6904240

MazDazzle Fri 16-Dec-16 23:06:37

Seraphine

InTheKitchenAtParties Fri 16-Dec-16 23:07:06

Have you looked at Asos maternity? I would definitely recommend. If I were you I would buy 1 classy LBD then accessorise the hell outta it

InTheKitchenAtParties Fri 16-Dec-16 23:08:05

X post with Bubbins

NameChange30 Fri 16-Dec-16 23:08:47

Zalando - got loads of great maternity clothes from there. Free delivery and returns.

NameChange30 Fri 16-Dec-16 23:11:01

Also might be worth perusing the Next website. I have a non-maternity sparkly top from Next that's loose and stretchy and still fits me at 29 weeks. And they have a few nice maternity bits too.

Birdlet Fri 16-Dec-16 23:17:23

Ooh love that red dress Bubbins!

Just browsing the suggested websites now.

Have previously looked on new look and asos but hadn't thought of next or even heard of zalando or seraphine. Thanks all smile

Bubbinsmakesthree Fri 16-Dec-16 23:20:03

As kitchen says it's be more practical to get something in black or maybe navy that you can accessorise. I have a nice navy maternity dress from ASOS that has been a really good purchase.

Randytortoise Fri 16-Dec-16 23:21:31

EBay is your friend. People wear maternity clothes for such a short period of time, you can get some really lovely outfits without spending a fortune.

practicallyperfectmummy Fri 16-Dec-16 23:29:29

I second eBay, you can get some amazing Tiffany Rose or seraphine dress's on eBay. Also try gumtree & ask seller to post. They are more expensive high end oh also Isabella Oliver is lovely. But for a special event it is worth feeling good for. You can always re sell after pregnancy also. Asos have some bargains also, if you find a dress you like on a website then try to search for it on eBay & pay a fraction of the cost.

Bubbinsmakesthree Fri 16-Dec-16 23:37:02

On the flip side, maternity clothes sell well on eBay so if you buy new you can always make back a decent chunk of what you spend if you sell it later.

MightyMunki Sat 17-Dec-16 10:42:27

H and M are really good value for money, they have a few nice dresses about.

www2.hm.com/en_gb/productpage.0416389001.html

Birdlet Sat 17-Dec-16 13:05:43

Thanks all. After a very long, sleepless night (thanks, pregnancy insomnia!) I'm bidding on a couple of dresses on eBay and I've also ordered these from New Look in case I don't win the eBay auctions smile

http://m.newlook.com/shop/maternity/tops/maternity-black-bell-sleeve-top_506836201

http://m.newlook.com/shop/maternity/dresses-/maternity-red-heart-print-crepe-wrap-front-dress_506471169

http://m.newlook.com/shop/maternity/tops/maternity-velvet-square-neck-cami_391285201

DavidPuddy Sat 17-Dec-16 14:54:08

I bought a great knee-length, black vest dress from Top Shop that was really well-made and was really versatile. I wore it with jumpers for casual days, wuth cardigans for work meetings and heels and a lovely poncho for a wedding and parties. I need to get such a dress for non-maternity.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now