Talk

Advanced search

Urban decay - is it any good?

(24 Posts)
ThatsWhatYouDo Fri 16-Dec-16 21:58:07

And not just the naked palettes- is it any good for foundations/ powders/ bronzer?

At a station, need some bits and they have a shop here!

RJnomore1 Fri 16-Dec-16 21:59:29

My 16yo really rates it

Not totally sure what that means...

Foxsox Fri 16-Dec-16 22:00:44

I'd totally recommend
Lasts all day and has a great pigment too.

ZacharyQuack Fri 16-Dec-16 22:00:47

I like their Naked Skin foundation, and their One and Done tinted moisturiser is supposed to be good too. I have one of their new bronzers (it has a palm tree on the packaging) and it's lovely - I have the lighter shade.

Their blushes and highlighters are both good, so are their lipsticks, eye pencils and of course the Naked palette range.

Ingles2 Fri 16-Dec-16 22:00:48

I adore my naked palette.. Don't know bout the rest though, sorry.
What are you tempted to buy?

TheLaundryLady Fri 16-Dec-16 22:02:25

My 16 year old rates it too lol

ThatsWhatYouDo Fri 16-Dec-16 22:03:57

Well I'm not 16 (double it) is it marketed at teenagers? I need a foundation, powder and bronzer and could do with a lipstick too!

Pigsbum Fri 16-Dec-16 22:15:11

I've got blusher and lipstick which are both excellent. I also have a highlighter which is good although I rarely use it

SuperPug Fri 16-Dec-16 22:17:51

Better staying power than MAC. Vice lipsticks are great. Really like the naked palettes. Not sure if I'd get a makeover on one of their counters though as the look is quite full on, but each to their own.

AVirginLitTheCandle Fri 16-Dec-16 23:01:21

Their naked complete coverage concealer is my favourite concealer. I wouldn't use any other now tbh. I like their foundation too.

I think it is known as a fairly "young" brand. I'm 25 if that makes a difference.

BradleyPooper Fri 16-Dec-16 23:09:04

I like their metallic eyeliners (have copper and a metallic forest green) as well as the palettes. Tbh its only the packaging that makes it attractive to a younger consumer, nothing to do with the product. You cant tell it was marketed to teens once it's on your face (unless you stick to their hot pinks and glitter but they are great at more classic colours too)

SuperPug Fri 16-Dec-16 23:14:21

Similar age to you OP, my mum loves it as well. I used to think it was marketed at teens but seems fairly popular across generations and Ruby Rose, who advertises the lipsticks is 32 I think?

Liiinoo Sat 17-Dec-16 01:38:19

I bought the Naked 3 palette and was disappointed as it was too neutral for me. If I am going to take the trouble to put make up on I want it to show up. My DD1 got that one and loves it.

Since then I have bought several other UD palettes including Vice Revisited, Gwen Stefani and the Moonlight one. They are all great, good pigmentation and easy to blend.

MrsJayy Sat 17-Dec-16 01:42:17

My dd is 18 and loves it she has palletes and powders and potions that i have no clue what it does but my sister is mid 30s and also loves it she alsohas palettes powders and potions so I think it appeals to all

ThatsWhatYouDo Sat 17-Dec-16 08:03:47

Thanks all ended up getting the concealer, a trio compact of blush/ bronze/ highlighter and lipstick. Really like them all!

The eyeshadow palettes and eyeliners are brilliant. Eyeshadow primer is good. I didn't like the nail varnish. Not tried anything else.

I am old.

70isaLimitNotaTarget Sat 17-Dec-16 17:04:04

I am old (50)
I don't wear it.

My DD is 14 and (alongside KatVonD) she loves it,

It is good, lovely packaging (I bought her a lipstick for her birthday, the staying power, the quality, the range of colour and choice and the gorgeous 'click' as you close the lid grin )

She has foundation, concealer, Naked 3, setting spray, eye-primer, mascara.
The sales assistants are always really helpful, they will try things out for her to get the correct colour and don't oversell.

Yes its more ££ than others but its good quality and Cruelty Free.

Not managed to hunt down the nail polish, but if its not so good, I won't look too hard.

ilovecherries Sat 17-Dec-16 17:48:26

I'm old. Nearer 60 than 50. I love UD. I was pulling myself out of a bit of a rut earlier this year, and went to a few counters that I thought would be 'me' - i.e. EL, Lancôme, Clinique, Chanel, Doir, YSL etc. I came away disappointed after all of them, and feeling that maybe my makeup wearing days were over. My 20 year old DD dragged me to UD, and instructed the MUA that I wanted a look that was 'me looking my best but still me'. While I think he was startled initially that he was working on me and not gorgeous daughter, and I did feel a bit out of place on the stand, the guy was amazing. I loved the makeover, bought loads, and he did lots of teaching as he used stuff. Couple of weeks later, I was feeling I wasn't quite achieving the look the way he had, so went back, told them what I'd bought, and someone went through it all with me again. I was seriously impressed. The names of some of their stuff makes me cringe a bit, but once I'm past that, I love it. I don't like their mascara, I use a Clinique one, but the eyeshadow palattes, lipsticks, eye primer and naked skin are great.

DaftSkunk Sat 17-Dec-16 19:37:46

Lipstick is great (have tried comfort matte and it is better than Mac imo).

Peachypossum Sun 18-Dec-16 08:16:55

My DD (13) uses it, I use it (36) and one of my best friends does (48) so I don't think its a brand limited by age.

I have the setting spray, various eye palettes and the blusher/highlighter/bronzer set all of which are brilliant with good staying power and pigmentation.

DD has some of the more colourful palettes but her make up never looks garish, she does have a real skill at eye makeup though.

MeadowHay Sun 18-Dec-16 14:54:34

Yes they are excellent. If I had more money I would probably buy almost all my makeup from there. I have the Naked pallette which is my most-used item of makeup, I also have a small, colourful pallette that I don't remember the name of that is good for special occasions. They last a long time, are easy to apply, and the brushes that came with the Naked pallette are great too. I also am a loyal customer of the Eye Primer Potion, makes a huge difference in staying power of eye makeup, although I don't like that it's now a brush applicator I liked it when you just squeezed it out and applied yourself.

Hoping there might be some sales after Xmas as would love a lipstick or two and a few 24/7 eye pencils.

sammy891 Sun 18-Dec-16 16:45:15

Love their lipsticks and Naked foundation is very good as well. Also use their liquid eyeliner and blush/bronzer/highlight palette.

Dulcimena Sun 18-Dec-16 17:34:32

40 here, been using their stuff for the best part of 20 years. Great quality, yes the names are a bit "edgy" but the products are generally excellent.

shins Sun 18-Dec-16 21:55:54

Discovered them this year in an airport when I realised I'd left my lipstick behind. Gorgeous shades and longevity. I'm in my 40s.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now