Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Fancy Moisturiser?

(8 Posts)
LiquoriceWheel Fri 16-Dec-16 09:46:56

I've been saving my pennies and I really want to splash out on some fancy skin care products but I need help choosing. I've narrowed it down to Sisley and Chantecaille. Does anyone use skin care from these two brands and can you recommend them? I can't ask anyone in real life for advice because they would think it a Big Waste Of Money wineblush. If you can recommend anything else that would be great too, just make it a 'treat item' smile.

Henrysmycat Fri 16-Dec-16 10:13:26

I used Sisley (sisleya global) in the past and it was good but not £250 worth of good. Cantecaille was take it or leave it for a moisturizer and I refuse to pay £150 for their oil which first ingredient is sweet almond oil followed by apricot kernel oil. Also, a moisturizer will not cut it, I am a fan of serums and I believe in their efficacy more that a 'bulked' up moisturizer. I have a long routine with various products so that's my experience on my skin. (Junkie alert) I am big fan of Lindstrom, Sarah Chapman, Sunday Riley and the French Cosmetics27 form M.E. Labs.

If you are going to drop such pounds down, I would definitely, ask for samples. Enjoy it!

Pistachiois50pmore Fri 16-Dec-16 16:12:47

I'd splurge on cleaners, serums/oil and masks before a moisturiser. You really get what you pay for there, whereas loads of mid-range moisturisers are great (Avene, La Roche Posay etc).

I'd recommend a good cleanser - Emma Hardie's is brill, and some sort of serum.

Recommend a read of Caroline Hirons' blog before you buy anything - that's fancy skincare 101!

elizadolittlechoc Fri 16-Dec-16 17:56:45

FaceMatters from Fenwicks and on line. DH and me both use it.

5000candlesinthewind Fri 16-Dec-16 17:58:53

Votary facial oil is soooooo nice. Made a huge difference to my skin

LordEmsworth Sat 17-Dec-16 05:36:27

I splashed out on Sisley Youth a few months ago. I loved using it, and if money were no object I would still be using it, and I will probably treat myself in future. But can't justify it permanently...

LiquoriceWheel Sat 17-Dec-16 11:30:49

Thanks for all the suggestions everyone. I hadn't heard of a couple of the brands mentioned and Caroline Hirons has so much information on her site, it's fantastic. I've taken on board the advice regarding splurging on serums and masks etc as opposed to moisturiser, which has helped me a lot. I'm really determined to do the whole 'princessing' malarkey in 2017! Thanks again.

LiquoriceWheel Fri 30-Dec-16 04:42:10

Update smile I ended up buying a moisturiser and a serum from a brand called Codage. So far so lovely! The products are really light on the skin and make me look really healthy and glowy (I have a poor diet and am always tired). I'm using it sparingly starhalo and it seems to go a long way. Really happy with purchase. Hoping the luxury of using them will get me through the tediousness that is having to be responsible with money in 2017 grin.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: