Talk

Advanced search

Dyed brows nightmare

(16 Posts)
singleandfabulous Thu 15-Dec-16 20:04:16

Any suggestions for rectifying this? Went to a new salon today for a brow tidy. I assumed that she'd just wax them/tidy them. She dyed them brown as well and now I look like katie price.

The brows themselves are fine but Im blonde haired and blue eyed and pale and theyre just ... too much on me. Ny natural brows are blonde so its quite a shock.

Worse still is the fact that they dont match any of my colouring. Theyre a rich chestnut brown whereas Im more cool/neutral.

Would they drop out if I bleached them and then covered them in dark blonde brow mousse?

To coin an oft used Mumsnet phrase, 'I'm devastated.' grin

longdiling Thu 15-Dec-16 20:06:01

You might want to ask for this to be moved to Style and Beauty. I had mine slightly too dark once and just kept wiping them with make up remover and they did lighten up.

Rosierose98 Thu 15-Dec-16 20:07:24

I dye my fair haired brows regularly. They will fade in a couple of weeks / a month 's time.

I would wash them with a little bit of washing up liquid on a daily basis, it may help them fade faster.

Sorry to hear you don't like them, eyebrows are such an important feature of your face.

namechange102 Thu 15-Dec-16 20:09:47

I think you could bleach and re dye after a few days without fear of them falling out, but would get a professional to do it (in time for Xmas) smile

abbsisspartacus Thu 15-Dec-16 20:17:27

Head and shoulders is good for getting dye out as is fairy liquid or you could go swimming 🏊

singleandfabulous Thu 15-Dec-16 20:48:07

Thanks. Ive reported it and asked for it to be moved to S&B.

Ive been washing them with a clarifying shampoo. Ill see how much they fade over the next few days. They make me look like Ming the Merciless! grin

civilfawlty Thu 15-Dec-16 20:50:31

Was going to suggest head and shoulders. Was what the salon I worked in at Uni used when hair dye went wrong. Thinking you'd need to be careful not to get it in your eye though...

Manumission Thu 15-Dec-16 20:51:58

Toothpaste.

SpongeBobJudgeyPants Thu 15-Dec-16 20:52:51

Have you got a SALLY warehouse nearby? They have a hairdressing product that is designed to take excess dye from hairlines etc. Can't remember the name of it. But it is open to the public. That should lighten it up sufficiently to Unprice you.

singleandfabulous Fri 16-Dec-16 00:51:08

Ive used a touch of peroxide on them which seems to have lifted the colour a little so theyre not so ... startling.

Hopefully I wont wake up to find my eyebrow hairs on my pillow in the morning. grin

FlorisApple Fri 16-Dec-16 08:06:32

My hairdresser used to use ash, or activated charcoal to remove excess colour on skin - you could try that. Won't do any harm anyway.

burnishedsilver Fri 16-Dec-16 08:11:39

Mine always look like that for a couple of days after they're done. They fade a bit and settle down after that. It's too soon to panic. They might not be as bad as you think.

Shiningexample Fri 16-Dec-16 08:17:59

You could bleach them yourself, buy a cheap place blond box dye, it will have 20 volume peroxide developer, mix up a small amount, apply with a cleaned mascara brush, leave on for 5 mins, wipe off then repeat if its not light enough

I used to dye my own eye brows all the time, easy peasy 😇

hollyisalovelyname Sat 17-Dec-16 09:30:12

I just don't get this explosion of Eyebrow Bars and the focus on eyebrows.
The 'here's my eyebrows the rest of my face comes later' look.
Who decided that eyebrows were 'the thing'

memyselfandaye Sat 17-Dec-16 09:32:59

You can buy colour be4 in Boots and Superdrug for around £6, try that before bleach.

rachyconks Sat 17-Dec-16 09:35:34

They always look loads darker when they are first done. I use a good eye make up remover and baby wipes to tone it down.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now