Talk

Advanced search

Best mascara for smudgy eyes!

(22 Posts)
Mummyoftwo91 Thu 15-Dec-16 18:34:03

I have really oily skin and every Mascara I use smudges! Even though I set my under eyes with power, I've heard tubing mascaras are really good especially the blinc one but don't want to be spending too much! Help!

smashyourglasses Thu 15-Dec-16 18:42:10

Double Wear by Estee Lauder.

BipBippadotta Thu 15-Dec-16 18:45:51

Barry M waterproof mascara. It's the only mascara that doesn't dissolve all over my oily eyelids and undereyes.

Mummyoftwo91 Thu 15-Dec-16 19:56:35

Think I'll try the Barry m one!! I have eyelash extensions on top but really struggle with my bottom lashes smudging!

biscuitkumquat Thu 15-Dec-16 20:16:07

I have the same problem, and I started using a combination of ELF HD undereye setting powder (under a £5), and a coat of clear mascara on top of my regular mascara.

No more smudges at all.

Mummyoftwo91 Thu 15-Dec-16 20:43:24

I use the Laura mercier powder under my eyes which doesn't seem to help! And it's worse when it smudges because it's so set it's impossible to rub the panda eyes off

RoganJosh Thu 15-Dec-16 20:48:15

I'm very greasy and the L'Oréal tubing one 'beauty tubes' I think, doesn't smudge at all. It's pretty cheap too.

TeaAndBisquits Thu 15-Dec-16 20:48:47

The no7 stay perfect doesn't budge AT ALL! I tried it a few weeks ago and now this is my go to product!
It comes away nicely with warm water and face cloth too.

pinksummer Thu 15-Dec-16 20:49:47

No7 do a fab tubing one called Stay Perfect. It's gold packaging. Never will you have smudgy eyes again!

FreeButtonBee Thu 15-Dec-16 20:52:30

The Clinique lash power is the bet tubing mascara. They have an adjustable one called flutter to full which is good for covering all bases.

Esssa Thu 15-Dec-16 20:52:54

Another vote for the No7 stay perfect. I'm on my second tube. Comes off like spiders legs, almost rubbery and only needs warm water to remove

Horispondle Thu 15-Dec-16 20:55:09

Another vote for Estée Lauder double wear. I haven't tried the others but I had real problems with rubbing my eyes and not realising it. Now the mascara stays in place but the eyeliner/eyeshadow is the issue instead!

TobleroneBoo Thu 15-Dec-16 20:55:47

Place marking!

ThisIsNotARealAvo Thu 15-Dec-16 20:55:58

Lancôme hypnose waterproof is great. It only comes off with waterproof mascara.

JustDontGetIt Thu 15-Dec-16 20:56:18

What is it with mascara that gets in your eyes and makes it water? Sorry to jump on your thread. I use Dior Show which doesn't do that as much as clarins or Lancôme

ThisIsNotARealAvo Thu 15-Dec-16 20:56:23

Waterproof mascara remover that should say

MrsBanks Thu 15-Dec-16 20:57:30

Boot No7 stay perfect is fantastic!

Mummyoftwo91 Fri 16-Dec-16 11:42:22

Thank you everyone I think I'll try the no7 one!

SilentlyScreamingAgain Fri 16-Dec-16 13:17:42

If it's just for your bottom lashes Clinique make one that's designed for that. It's called something imaginative like Clinique bottom lash mascara, it comes with a tiny brush and it's pretty grease proof.

Both the ELDW and the Boots one stay put on greasy eyes but they are both pretty underwhelming as mascaras. The Korean brands have mascaras that are totally bomb proof and give you massive Lancomb/Dior Show spectacular lashes but they are difficult to remove.

melsbelles Sat 17-Dec-16 00:55:51

Another vote for Clinique lash power. Discovered it when I went into local H of F in floods of tears. All the staff were fab when I explained I was on my way to DN funeral. I said if they could make me up so I could cry copiously and still have make up on I would buy everything they used. They all agreed lash power was the best. Wouldn't let me buy anything but gave me samples. Worn it ever since.

Kennington Sat 17-Dec-16 07:08:36

No7 gold tube is great.
I apply to both sides of top lashes to make it go a bit more dramatic. Tubing mascaras tend to be less impactful!

Cristiane Sat 17-Dec-16 07:11:11

I love the Bobbi brown smokey eye one and have no problems at all now. Much prefer it to the tubing ones.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now