Talk

Advanced search

Hot brush styling thing

(17 Posts)
Oneday Thu 15-Dec-16 18:06:12

Hello,
Looking for product suggestions. I have an unruly sort of bob. I am rubbish at blow drying. The hairdresser suggested a 'hot brush'. I've looked online..I guess I need some sort of barrel one as I want it straight but to curl under. Babyliss Big Hair sounds good, though I don't really know if I want it 'big'. The hair is fine but there is a lot of it and it essentially needs to be tamed with as little work as possible.
Thank you very much.

charlotteP1994 Thu 15-Dec-16 18:09:39

I now have a long bob but used to be short and I used the hairbrush straightner, I think it was about £30 from Asda

mrssmiling Thu 15-Dec-16 20:33:51

Babyliss Big Hair is great - there are a couple of sizes. I used to have the larger 50mm one, but then bought the smaller 42mm one. I use it all the time, and it suits my hair which is just shoulder length, and fine. It really does give a more professional look - sleek and smooth. There are some videos on You Tube which you might find useful.

shinynewusername Thu 15-Dec-16 21:26:32

Babyliss Big Hair has changed my life smile

burnishedsilver Thu 15-Dec-16 21:38:33

Bbh is brilliant.
The 'big' in the title is a bit of a red herring. It's smoothing.

thenewaveragebear1983 Thu 15-Dec-16 21:42:51

I've a Philips air styler brush , can't remember the exact name/model but it wasn't expensive. It is fab. It's the only way I can get my also unruly Bob to curl properly at the back and it also works brilliantly on my fringe. Seems to just add volume and smooths it under at the back. I got it after having a major restyle and it definitely was worth it.

Tartyflette Thu 15-Dec-16 21:48:20

I think the BBH is best for longer hair -- the brushes are so big it's difficult to use on shorter hair -- it nees to be shoulder length at least.
And it's more of a straightener/smoother than a styler IMO. You'll get more volume with a smaller brush -- about 30-35 mm works best for me.
The spinning brush feature is good but it takes a while to get the hang of it, especially if you're left-handed.

Princesspond Thu 15-Dec-16 21:49:26

BBH is great, doesn't make my hair big, just smoothed and blow dried. Look at you tube videos helpful to see how to use it

Pootle40 Thu 15-Dec-16 21:55:32

Another vote for babyliss big hair - my hair looks so much better using it!!!! I have the one with interchangeable heads

Oneday Fri 16-Dec-16 12:41:23

Oh thank you all. Hmm..my hair is above shoulder length, just. I wonder if the brushes would be too big on the Big Hair. It's a shame I don't know anyone with one who could let me try it to find out. I seem to remember the 42mm one is designed for shorter hair?

Sunnyfeet Fri 16-Dec-16 13:16:03

Despite being left handed (!) I get on fine with my BBH.

If you don't want a spinning brush, there are plenty of hot air styler that will give a smooth finish.

Failing that, a normal hot brush will also help (although you have to wait for them to beat up).

Deux Fri 16-Dec-16 13:22:53

I've got chin length hair but with long layers on top.

I use the BBH on the longest layers and it's great for smoothing and a bit of volume. I blast it all forward with a vent brush and hairdryer (Parlux would recommend). Then use a small barrel brush to turn the ends under. Finish off with BBH on the longest layers on top.

Deux Fri 16-Dec-16 13:25:05

The BBH I've got is the larger one as I bought it when my hair was longer. I can't wrap my hair all the way round the barrel but I use my hand to hold it in place when the barrel is spinning.

Artyfarty555 Fri 16-Dec-16 16:37:17

I'm sure Lidl or Aldi had something very similar to a BBh brush at a fraction of the price with inter changeable heads. Looked great , about a couple of weeks ago. Might be worth a look.

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Fri 16-Dec-16 16:43:00

I miss my Brain independent gas stylersad

elizadolittlechoc Fri 16-Dec-16 17:53:37

Remington £15 in Boots, it has steam and tong as well.

elizadolittlechoc Fri 16-Dec-16 17:55:25

I miss my Brain, too, DameD.Perhaps I pulled it out with the hot brush grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now