Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Cos sale

(16 Posts)
mrsrhodgilbert Tue 13-Dec-16 08:45:40

Does anyone know when this usually starts? I'm stalking something and don't know whether to take the plunge. I'd be annoyed to buy it now and find its in the sale before Christmas. Haven't had a local Cos before so don't know how they operate.

Dulcimena Tue 13-Dec-16 09:10:28

I reckon they'll have a limited selection on offer around the 23rd, then full sale in early January. I think that's what they've done in previous years.

Rustythedog Tue 13-Dec-16 15:04:53

I thought it would be on by now. I have been waiting and waiting. I went bingo the store on Saturday to find my coveted skirt was sold out so bought it online as soon as I got home.

The last Cos sale was unusual as they brought out previously unsold items from other seasons. Before the last sale, they seemed to reduce current stock.

I think they will have a limited selection on sale when they have one and will bring out unsold items from previous seasons as they have done previously.

Rustythedog Tue 13-Dec-16 15:05:25

*into not bingo!

Borntorunfast Tue 13-Dec-16 15:10:36

They tend to start it just a few days before Xmas if I recall - seems to be later than anyone else and does my head in because of it!

mrsrhodgilbert Tue 13-Dec-16 16:38:44

Thanks, it's a brand new store near me so it might not be so bad if they get some old stock in, assuming it's not dreadful, as I won't have seen it before. Hmm, what to do? I want a coat, it's not that expensive but it would be annoying to suddenly find its half price.

Rustythedog Tue 13-Dec-16 17:05:01

Which coat is it? I bought one at the weekend. Can't really afford it but liked it on and felt smart in it. Am dithering a bit now though.....,

Dulcimena Thu 22-Dec-16 00:10:48

Ahem, online now fsmile

taybert Thu 22-Dec-16 08:19:01

Is it? I can't see it, are you special Dulci?

Dulcimena Thu 22-Dec-16 08:36:56

I don't think so! There wasn't a dedicated sale section but items were showing as reduced after midnight. I got my order in at 12.10 (had a waiting basket and still managed to bag free shipping fgrin) but the official email's gone out this morning so it def should be showing up for everyone now!

Dulcimena Thu 22-Dec-16 08:41:43

Oh sorry, the email says subscribers only, but if you go into the sections and items if it's reduced I think it will show up...

taybert Thu 22-Dec-16 08:44:00

I see it! And a shirt I've had my eye on is incuded....

NNat Thu 22-Dec-16 21:15:37

Does anyone know free delivery code? I have a few items in my basket but not sure about size so £6 for delivery confused

Floisme Thu 22-Dec-16 22:14:51

Can any Cos veterans recommend any of the trousers? I'm after cotton, ankle skimming, straight or widish leg and perfectly cut, that will make me look like Katharine Hepburn.

They don't have to be in the sale - I'll pay to get the right ones.

Dulcimena Thu 22-Dec-16 23:17:53

NNat - it was free delivery on all orders until last night, no code, sorry

Flo the closest to your spec that I've tried are these but they're a fine wool, not cotton. They are fab, I've tried them several times while waiting for the sale and they're on their way to me now. They're described as straight but it's quite a slouchy straight I'd say. I'm a size 10-12 pear and the 38 is perfect for me.

Floisme Fri 23-Dec-16 10:46:28

Dulci thanks. They look good - as you have identified, it's the slouch effect that I'm after, not specifically width. But I definitely want cotton so I'll hang on and hope they do a version in the spring.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: